Critique Forth Bridge at blue hour

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Prefer #1 but would crop more off the sky, there's a bit too much 'nothingness' there.
#2 is too tightly cropped at the bottom for me.

Reactions: ST4
Nature of the day I guess. I shot the sunset the other side but binned them as the sky was featurelss. Maybe I should play with the 3:1 aspect ratio and move the crop down a bit to include some seaweed but less dead sky.

Looks like you've captured the bridge really nicely at the right hour as well. I'd agree with Marie regarding the close crop of #2 and would opt of #1 if pushed.

I think the 3rd option is the better composition. I would be tempted to crop a bit more off the sky/LHS side to give a bit more emphasis to the weed in the foreground and bridge.

Prefer #1 but would crop more off the sky, there's a bit too much 'nothingness' there.
#2 is too tightly cropped at the bottom for me.

My thoughts too.

#3 has too much foreground IMO.

Despite the crop question, I think you've captured the exposure perfectly. A revisit with a "better" sky is on the books!

Good stuff bud - really worth shooting just now with the new bridge underway.

Next time, I'll try for a better sky, and go a bit tighter. I rarely get here as I rely on lifts, although not for too much longer

When do you get back behind the wheel Steve?

When do you get back behind the wheel Steve?

In theory June but with test retakes, finding a car, August/Sept all being well. 1st thing I will do is grab a golden hour on Rannoch Moor/Glencoe, head to Elgol for sunset, rough it in the car, climb Storr for sunrise, shoot at fairy pools etc. I cannot wait...LOL

Back