Forth Rd Bridge, Port Edgar Marina

Name
Marty
Edit My Images
Yes
The beautiful weather here today made me want to get out there.

I know mid-day isn't the best time for photography but what the heck, I managed to get a couple of half decent shots I thought I'd share with you all.

_MG_1093.jpg

_MG_1119.jpg

3. I am in love with Silver Efex Pro at the moment
_MG_1104.jpg

C&C very welcome and thanks for looking! (y)

I was out snapping at exactly the same time as you. I learned the hard way that it's hard to get a good sky at that time. :(

I think number 2 is great. (y)

Thanks for your comments Anton and Nigel, much appreciated. It's always good to get some unbiased opinions on photos. (y)

Thank you Peter and Rob for your comments, really means a lot!

Rob, I have taken on your advice regarding the IR sky and have produced the version below, I'd love to hear what you think.

_MG_1104-IR.jpg

Thanks again everyone! (y)

Sorry, but these are way too busy IMHO with the two bridges blending into each other. I don't think this viewpoint works at all. Great looking clouds and sky though! (y)

Hmm, I do see what you mean Lee and will take that on-board if I go to that spot again. Perhaps a lower viewpoint to show the rail bridge in full below the road bridge would have worked better...

Thanks again for your comments, these help me improve my composition as I move forward which is my weakest point at the moment. (y)

Martin I think you have gone a little too far with the sky, watch for induced noise. I have to agree with Lee about the images being too busy. South Queensferry offers lots of potential, try to isolate the two bridges and focus on one at a time.

Sorry, but these are way too busy IMHO with the two bridges blending into each other. I don't think this viewpoint works at all. Great looking clouds and sky though! (y)

I have to agree with Lee, also the pier blends in with the two bridges

Marty
Try North Queensferry too :)

Thanks for the comments all. :)

I'll give North and South Queensferry a go next time I go back to try and get some separation from the two bridges to give a cleaner look.

Thanks for the comments all. :)

I'll give North and South Queensferry a go next time I go back to try and get some separation from the two bridges to give a cleaner look.

From NQ you can get this view....

2038762531_e82c762369_o.jpg

Back