dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a heads up for tonight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-29183691

A kilometre-long "river of fire" created by 2,014 torchbearers and fireworks is set to end Forth Road Bridge 50th Anniversary celebrations.

It marks the end of the Forth Bridges Festival commemorating 50 years since the crossing opened to the public.

I might head down.

Last edited:
I may wander up to the top of my street I can see the bridges from there, 30 seconds from the house and can do it with a drink in my hand.

I may wander up to the top of my street I can see the bridges from there, 30 seconds from the house and can do it with a drink in my hand.

Sounds good.

I'm swithering as there's a bottle of wine with tea and I'd have to pass if I'm driving down to see it.

Last edited:

MODS: why don't we have "upcoming events" section where such information could be posted in one place and in advance. Please.
There is a meeting place section HERE which can be used also as a "heads up" notice
We also used to have a "calender" of up coming events,
but it was heavily targeted by spammers and got dropped

Just watched that video in full and I'm gutted I didn't pop down now.

That display is a thousand feet high and a mile wide at times.

Just watched that video in full and I'm gutted I didn't pop down now.

That display is a thousand feet high and a mile wide at times.

Same here. I could have easily made it from Fort William last night if I knew about it in advance. I'm not sure why it was so poorly publicised and only came to light a few hours before the show...

There is a meeting place section HERE which can be used also as a "heads up" notice
We also used to have a "calender" of up coming events,
but it was heavily targeted by spammers and got dropped

Maybe it needs a slight title change because there is hardly anything posted there.

The calendar could be moderated / pre-approved after each post? I'm sure it can be done in a sensible and tidy manner.

Same here. I could have easily made it from Fort William last night if I knew about it in advance. I'm not sure why it was so poorly publicised and only came to light a few hours before the show...

I posted in the morning ;)

Maybe it needs a slight title change because there is hardly anything posted there.
There was about 5 or 6 pages there until recently,
when the auto cleaner caught anything that had no replies for 2 weeks.
That's now been "sorted" and the current ones are now the ones that are there.

The calendar could be moderated / pre-approved after each post? I'm sure it can be done in a sensible and tidy manner.
It is possible but that just makes more work for us,
And it was decided that meeting place would serve both purposes.
It would also help if people posted such things in the correct place,
instead of posting them in the photo sharing sections.
(or anywhere else for that matter)
You would probably astounded at the amount of posts that we move on a daily basis,
that have been placed in the wrong section.

Was that taken from the layby just outside Newton?

I decided to head down from Linlithgow at about 9:30pm not expecting to get in the layby but not expecting the number of cars parked up almost down to Queensferry! Ended up turning off at the bottom of the hill into the office entrance and clambering up a bank. Not the best view as north end of bridge obscured by trees and it was a bit foggy for pictures but will post a couple later when I'm on PC.

Nice video though and makes it look much better than I thought it was!

Was that taken from the layby just outside Newton?

I decided to head down from Linlithgow at about 9:30pm not expecting to get in the layby but not expecting the number of cars parked up almost down to Queensferry! Ended up turning off at the bottom of the hill into the office entrance and clambering up a bank. Not the best view as north end of bridge obscured by trees and it was a bit foggy for pictures but will post a couple later when I'm on PC.

Nice video though and makes it look much better than I thought it was!
Think it was taken from the top of the rail bridge?

After seeing some of the pictures in the link above it clearly wasn't too foggy for pictures :D

I was clearly in the wrong place with a poor technique! I was using a 70-200 2.8 and had manual focus on the bridge. ISO 100, F13 and was using bulb (via remote) for 3-4 seconds. What should I do differently next time, apart from get there earlier and find a better spot?

forth_f_1.jpg

forth_f_2.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing some of the pictures in the link above it clearly wasn't too foggy for pictures :D

I was clearly in the wrong place with a poor technique! I was using a 70-200 2.8 and had manual focus on the bridge. ISO 100, F13 and was using bulb (via remote) for 3-4 seconds. What should I do differently next time, apart from get there earlier and find a better spot?

forth_f_1.jpg

forth_f_2.jpg

Light, location and timing. You can only control 2 things here... We'll see if we'll be around for the 100 year fireworks :LOL:

Shame some of you missed the display, it was amazing.
I'm very new to firework photography as my first attempt was at the end of festival fireworks in Edinburgh a few weeks back, but here are three of mine from last Saturday.

Img_3330
by LesFo on Talk Photography

Img_3411

Img_3513

I'd have liked to see this but we're about 90 miles from Edinburgh, and my wife's car is being temperamental at the moment. Don't really understand her cousin though. She lives in Penicuik (just outside Edinburgh) and thought it would be good, but it was 'too far'.

Last edited:
Back