Fortnightly Assignment 'BROKEN' (Comments)

Catdaddy said:
The plot thickens - at home now and I can see everything that should be visible...

Dont change a thing then :suspect1:

Pmsl!!! I didn't change anything last time!!!

Blimmin 'eck, a load of entries and a new section to the forum has appeared!

I had some crazy plan about dropping glass objects from my kitchen window and trying to photograph them smashing today.

Then my 'friends' talked me out of it.

Hrmmmph.

When does this one end BTW?

Just taken my shot......good old stick man ;) .....and unlike Ghandi's destructive nature I didn't break Mr Stick

Some really good photos here chaps and chapesses! I really like Steeps one but I think its a bit extreme wasting beer like that!

SammyC said:
Some really good photos here chaps and chapesses! I really like Steeps one but I think its a bit extreme wasting beer like that!

Seems to be an absence of spill evidence - pointing to an empty break ! Just call me poyrot !

And ... forgive me for being tik Sammy, but although your post intrigues I cannot make it out ? Perhaps your intention ?:confused-

Dave had stickman idea too, but got his posted first, but seeing as i like mine, ive left it on anyway!

Venomator said:
Seems to be an absence of spill evidence - pointing to an empty break ! Just call me poyrot !

And ... forgive me for being tik Sammy, but although your post intrigues I cannot make it out ? Perhaps your intention ?:confused-

Yep, I think he drained it beforehand too.

Mines a flourencent tube lamp, it's lost some it its gas (or whatever it is) and doesn't ignight properly now. :D

SammyC said:
Mines a flourencent tube lamp, it's lost some it its gas (or whatever it is) and doesn't ignight properly now. :D

Ahah ! I can see it now ... I think ? Was thinking of all sorts of things ... but not that :doh:

Some good stuff here......for the life of me I still can't work out what Sammy's shot is :confused- :confused- :confused-

regards

Muahahhahhahhahahaaa! Does it make the picture more interesting or just annoying?

Matty said:
Dave had stickman idea too, but got his posted first, but seeing as i like mine, ive left it on anyway!

Looks like yours has been to a Micheal Barrymore party :shock: ;)

DJW said:
Looks like yours has been to a Micheal Barrymore party :shock: ;)

lol, i think you mean alledgedly!

I want to make it clear , that unlike Matty, no stick man was injured or abused in any way during my photo shoot ;)

DJW said:
I want to make it clear , that unlike Matty, no stick man was injured or abused in any way during my photo shoot ;)

i have to say, i pulled the stick out of his botbot and dropped him head first onto the table....:shock:

Matty said:
i have to say, i pulled the stick out of his botbot and dropped him head first onto the table....:shock:

Probably collapsed out of sheer relief...

yeah, Stickman Protection League gonna dig up my dead grammies bones and hold them to ransom till i give my stickman to a safe home and stop experimenting on him....

Ken I really like that shot! Hope it's not your engine that isn't running. I would never have thought of a shot like that. My hubby is a mechanic and I have a WHOLE garage of goodies that I could prolly have some fun with. Looks great! I also like the DOF in that.

jewel

Thanks Jewel, fortunately not mine...this time. Called in to a garage just to ask if I could take some pics.....They told me they don't use the wrench often :nut:

...other than for hitting things. You know, starter motors, engine blocks, annoying customers...

I've added my contribution. Sammy, will you tell us what your photo is of, at least once the comp is over?

i like that swiftwind, the doll has a suitable look of surprise already which really helps the shot!

Venomator said:
Seems to be an absence of spill evidence - pointing to an empty break !

:innocent: :D

Love that one, Swiftwind. Great lighting and composition

Thank you Matty and Catdaddy! :)

Poor doll has been like that for a while, and makes a rattling sound when I shake it. I think it's from the 50s or 60s as it's my mum's... I've always found it to be pretty interesting though (probably because of it's eyes - which open and close - and outfit).

SW, really like the composition of your (doll's freaky though!), lighting and everything work wonders! Nice!

PS. I keep meaning to post a piccy of the offending article!

Thanks for the comments Sammy! :) Yeah, it is a pretty freaky doll, ...but I guess that's what I find interesting about it.

Some very ineresting interpretations of the theme this time. I, as normal, have wheeled out my bible of phtographers cliches for this one. had a bit of a play building myself a lightbox and mucking about cos there's nothing on telly tonight!

I've included a couple of shots of the setup as I was quite pleased with effect!

The orange glow to the light was achieved with the aid of quality street wrappers! I did try blue and green but they made the egg look a bit rancid! LOL!

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

Oh, and I know my kitchens a mess!

It's really interesting to see how everything has been set up for your shots, Gandhi. ... I was wondering how you got the orange glow. I just noticed something, is that light resting on a box of cigarettes?

yes it is! an empty one!

It's ok, it's a low energy, eco-friendly, tree hugging light bulb, and they don't get hot! It was the only thing i had that was the right size to get the light the right distance from glass, too close and the shape of the light showed up, too low and it wasn't bright enough.

Short answer would of been 'yes'

But I'm known for being overly verbose!

Nice shot from yourself btw, things like that doll give me the creeps. Looks like something out of a horror film!

....and he didn't shell out for any fancy lights either. :getmecoat

Swiftwind said:
I've added my contribution. Sammy, will you tell us what your photo is of, at least once the comp is over?

I believe he did earlier in the thread Swiftwind ... a flourescent light fitting ! Broken of course ... apparently ! :laugh1:

Changed my entry now I am no longer annoyed with technical failure :)

Ermmm - what's the score with closing and voting on the fortnightly ones please guys ?

closes on the 10th, thats 2 weeks, then we can do the next round sunday - sunday again

christmas got in the way!

Hello!! Added a late entry, hope you don't mind and it looks like I was just in time!

Nope you are fine, this theme closes tomorrow so you are just in time :)

Back