FOUND ! 32mb CF Card with Photos

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a 32mb Canon FC32 CF card which was found on the top of the Pentland Hills just south of Edinburgh just between Allermuir and Capelaw.
There are some photos on the card taken with a Canon Powershot S70, date on photos is 2008. Some are on what looks like a tropical beach somewhere and others taken at Arbeit Macht Frei and Auschwitz death camp.

I think this card has just been dropped in the last day or two because it is in excellent condition and show no sign of weathering.

On the offchance that anyone recognises the guy in the photo then pm me and I will forward the card on .

mysteryman.jpg

Last edited:
Have you checked the Exif info for one of the photos - that often contains the photographer's details.

It is without the authors permission, so strictly against the rules of the forum, but perhaps if there is a picture of a human that regularly appears on the CF card, you could post that up as well.
(Relly long shot)

Nothing in the Exif, I suppose could cut out the guys head and post it, not sure if I'd be allowed to do that. I need to keep the part of the body out as it shows a unusual looking tattoo which would be used to ID the person

Nothing in the Exif, I suppose could cut out the guys head and post it, not sure if I'd be allowed to do that. I need to keep the part of the body out as it shows a unusual looking tattoo which would be used to ID the person

I would imagine in these circumstances if you mail it MArcel or one of the Mods they will put an 'official' post up to help find the owner. Worth a try.

Any shots of a car with a Reg number perhaps?

Nah lucky guy was on a exotic looking beach with some very nice looking ladies in bikinis would you believe...nothing rude. And No before you ask I aint posting them LOL

A bump now that posting a pic has been ok'd by mods and pic added

There was an article in one of the camera mags a while ago, someone found a mashed up Nikon in the lake district that looked like it had been dropped a long way (I did wonder how he deduced it had been dropped a long way, I thought they all looked like that) with a card full of raw files.

He chucked one shot up onto the photoradar site and within 2 weeks it was reunited with its owner. Worth a shot?

As for the guy I don't know who he is but as he supports Liverpool I'd generally give him a wide berth anyway!

Have you contacted the local (to the finding area) police? it may have been reported lost or stolen, the camera with the card in it may have been pinched and the card dumped.

Back