Fox Project

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
I have been working with a family of foxes for the past few weeks and although I know all of them reasonably well, I'm particularly fond of this cub. He's always the first one out and fun to photograph. Both images full-frame: first image with D3s, second with D810 (loving this camera!).

If you'd like to follow the progress or see more images of this fellow, visit my Facebook page - link below my signature.

des_ong_cub01.jpg

des_ong_cub02.jpg

:) I lke foxes. Really nice pictures. Would like to see more of them. Will pop on yor FB page to see more. Thx :)

Fantastic work

Fantastic. I'd love to photograph wild foxes one day! I don't think I've ever seen one in daylight either!

There are loads in Clifton if you walk around before dusk. Posh houses with rubbish containers out is a good place to start looking

Fantastic work

There are loads in Clifton if you walk around before dusk. Posh houses with rubbish containers out is a good place to start looking

Hi Jake, I prefer to work with those that live (or at least spend a large part of their lives) in the woodlands. I find that they're in better condition than the urban ones. This family lives at the edge of a piece of woodland several hundred acres in size.

Hi Jake, I prefer to work with those that live (or at least spend a large part of their lives) in the woodlands. I find that they're in better condition than the urban ones. This family lives at the edge of a piece of woodland several hundred acres in size.
Yeah I'd much rather see them in a natural habitat than around the city!

Really nice shots there, very difficult to see here in the wild, more often than not just a quick glimpse from a distance. (y)

Liking both of these.

How would you compare the D810 vs the D3S in low light?

I presume with you shooting in the woodland the light wasn't the best.

To my eyes, at least a couple of stops. When it comes to speed and noise control, I don't think you can get better value for money for sport or wildlife shooters than the D3s.

Both fantastic detailed images with no2 being my fave as the dark background really focuses you on the animal.

Back