free sb900 with d300s

Can I just clarify the following

I currently have no Nikon gear. If I purchased a D300s and registered it would I then automatically receive the sb900 voucher.

Do I then just claim the flash unit from Nikon.

I am tempted as the d300s then becomes an effective £800ish camera

Please advise

No, unfortunately its not that simple.

The offer was only sent to registered Nikon DSLR owners, so I doubt you will be able to get a voucher.

Im struggling to get a voucher and I have own a pro body already.
They arent the easiest to get.

I had registered my DSLR with Nikon and did not receive the voucher either. If you email their support and ask for one, they will send it by post

Gutted to not have been able to get in on this deal. Would definitely have had me sell up my D200! Have since registered with Nikon in the hope of a similar deal being offered.

:(

Give them a call. It was supposed to be sent out to all registered D200 owners (which is why some DSLR owners are confused as to why they didn't get one) that ALSO opted to receive the spam.. ermm I mean marketing E-Mails from Nikon.

I didn't get one either, but I filed a support ticket and received one in the post a week or so later (the printed voucher they mail you also lasts until mid-February, as opposed to the E-Mail that requires you make your purchase before mid-January).

To answer the earlier question of costs, I bought mine from Wilkinson Cameras and paid £1399 including the MB-D10 grip.

Give them a call. It was supposed to be sent out to all registered D200 owners (which is why some DSLR owners are confused as to why they didn't get one) that ALSO opted to receive the spam.. ermm I mean marketing E-Mails from Nikon.

I didn't get one either, but I filed a support ticket and received one in the post a week or so later (the printed voucher they mail you also lasts until mid-February, as opposed to the E-Mail that requires you make your purchase before mid-January).

To answer the earlier question of costs, I bought mine from Wilkinson Cameras and paid £1399 including the MB-D10 grip.

I literally just registered with them before typing that post so doubt they would be willing to send one out to me. The D200 I just registered was also a grey import - whether that has any bearing on their generosity I don't know!

It's worth a try, the worst they can do is say no. Just tell them you hadn't previously registered it online as you didn't know you were able to. :)

Whether the fact that it's a grey import or not has any bearing on the situation I don't know (but I wouldn't mention it unless they do). They had no problem accepting the serial number of the 300mm f/4 AF-S I bought in the USA like 5 or 6 years ago and count it towards my "Nikon Pro User" status.

Thanks, I'll drop them a line tomorrow and see what they have to say. Seems like a cracking offer though! I only came across this thread when searching for information on the SB-900. Could turn out a little more expensive than I expected!

If anyone uses this offer to upgrade their flash and they have a spare SB-800 they are looking to shift I will offer £200 delivered for it assuming it is mint and boxed with all of the bits. Drop me a pm or post on my wanted thread if you have one.

I registered my D70 an age ago with them an have had allsorts of other email offers from them apart from this one...

I bought a D300s yesterday so I hope I can get something sorted, I'd settle for a 600 in compensation :LOL:

I've just got my D300s and it was supplied by a shop recommend by Nikon and the shop stated all there stock was from Nikon UK. however the yellow slip inside said 'Nikon BV The Netherlands'. What did everyone elses say?

I've just got my D300s and it was supplied by a shop recommend by Nikon and the shop stated all there stock was from Nikon UK. however the yellow slip inside said 'Nikon BV The Netherlands'. What did everyone elses say?
That is normal for UK stock. I understand ALL european stock comes via the Netherlands.

These are the terms and conditions for sending off for your free flash.

http://www.nikon.co.uk/sites/flashbackterms/default.html

There is a phone number on the bottom there, so if you're in doubt about the location from which you wish to purchase your D300s, call them up before you buy it to check that it's an acknowledged Nikon dealer. That's what I did, just to be safe. :)

Not so.. You need to make the purchase before 17th of Jan and the offer closing for applications ends mid Feb. I registered my d200 four days ago then immediately raised a ticket to get my voucher posted out. I then got my confirmation it had been posted out to me yesterday 30-12

Anyone received their flash yet? Just wondering how long it is taking them to process... posted mine just before xmas so probably still got a while to wait.

I have just got my voucher (which was posted by Nikon on 30th December). Sadly I have gone off the idea of buying a D300s

I haven't received a voucher. I wasn't bothered before but after having my D300s stolen it would be handy to have one of these vouchers IF I decide to replace the D300s.

You haven't claimed on the insurance yet?

Yes I have, but the insurers are paying cash so I'm thinking of NOT replacing the D300s and just keeping the extra money towards the car that also needs replacing!! :eek:

But the free SB-900 does make it an appealling proposition ;)

Well, for the cost of a D300s, you could pick up 4 SB-900s, or a 24-70 f/2.8, or some other sexy piece of kit. :D

I can spot NAS symptoms a mile away ;)

Sorry to repeat the question.

Has anyone received the flash yet.

I am excited as they have just posted out the voucher.
Just wondering on the turn round time.

Thanks

I posted my voucher off on 01/12/09 and gave them a call on 05/01/10 they said it is going through the system and should be about 2 weeks, but the t&C's say 30 days I think.

I'm just glad that they have it and it's gone onto the system.

I have just spoken to Nikon who say it is taking 28 working days to send the SB-900 out so I should get mine soon.

OK, I'm counting... I sent mine out to them today so that makes mine due...

17th Feb :eek: :D

Mine just arrived :D(y)

Nikon said:
10. The offer code is only valid for the recipient of the unique voucher and is non transferable.

No cash alternative available.

12. This offer is subject to continuous ownership of the product(s) purchased. Nikon UK reserve the right to recall/cancel delivery of the offer if the product is returned/resold.
Presumably the same would hold true for the flash itself, as it's part of the purchase deal, so I doubt it. They're all traceable via the serial numbers.

Talk about last minute.com!!!!

Offer ends on Sunday and I just started chasing this up earlier today... So voucher on its way, and Im off to the nearest reatailer in the morning....DOH, that will Be Jessops!

Anyone had any issues with the process???

Andy

Talk about last minute.com!!!!

Offer ends on Sunday and I just started chasing this up earlier today... So voucher on its way, and Im off to the nearest reatailer in the morning....DOH, that will Be Jessops!

Anyone had any issues with the process???

Andy

None at all Andy. You'll get a phone call from Nikon to confirm the serial number of the camera and then the flash will follow about 2 weeks later. Painless procedure :D

I'm a slacker, I only just got around to sending off all the stuff to Nikon today. ;)

Hello all, well i finally got my voucher off Nikon for the SB900. Yesterday, went a bit mad and ordered a D300S from Jacobs online. It's just come but I am bit disappointed, the box has obviously been opened and the little round label on top has been messed with. I had to wipe the bottom of the camera as it looked like it had been put down on a dusty desk, there's also two big finger marks on the top LCD screen, just checked the shutter count and it's upto 3. I'm trying to work out if it's been checked by Jacobs staff or been sold and returned.

Should the top LCD have a protective film on? Mine hasn't
Should the USB lead be bagged? Mine isn't
How long should the first battery charge take? Mine showed fully charged after 15 mins

Back