Free Three USB Mobile Broadband Dongle

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Couldn't find this anywhere else on the forum

Three are giving away free USB Dongles, all you have to pay is the £4.95 postage and then top up as you wish.:D

http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/

It all seems legit and everyone on the forum I got the link from say they've received theirs.
I've just ordered one so will see.

There is also an article on Pocket-Lint about it Here

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can switch the sim card in it and use my existing sim with it?

if it's a 3 sim you can use it, you just have to convert your topup to a broadband topup or they'll assume it's for calls and charge £10 per gb

What about a non-3 sim? Can a USB modem be unlocked/reflashed in the same way that phones can?

Just found these 2 sources that i believe will do it
(I've never used any of them so can't say if they are any good or not)

Link 1

Link 2

A word of caution if you plan to use a different network sim card. 3 network are notorious for embedding a lot of their settings into the hardware, which can cause problems. I'm not saying it's impossible, just a lot harder than typically with the other networks locked phones.

So you still need to own a 3 sim card to use this dongle? It doesn't come with a PAYG one?

As far as i know it does come with a PAYG sim. I've ordered one so when it arrives i'll let you know if it does or not.

From what I hear the credit card page does not have SSL, which means it may not be all that secure.

Picture1-1.png

Stopped me in my tracks.

Last edited:
Cheers, going to get myself one now! Could come in useful.
Does anyone know if it does come with a sim?

Yeha, jus make sure you convert the topup as the poster above said.

I ordered one, it came more or less the next day, so seems reliable and legit.

Sorry to sound daft - but how do you convert the top up?
I go to the shop as normal right and ask for a £10 top up for 3 ..... then??!

Its in the FAQs, you buy a £10/£15 top up as normal and credit it to your account. It sits on your account forever. When you want to you then "BUY" a top-up (which is what they call the data plan) for £10/£15/£25 and the money is taken from your credit and the top-up is added. The top-ups last for 30 days only. £10 for 1Gb, £15 for 3Gb, £25 for 7Gb

From what I hear the credit card page does not have SSL, which means it may not be all that secure.

:shrug: It did when I ordered one. It also used the Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode which if it shows your username should be safe to use.

Mine arrived today, only ordered on Tuesday. (y) It's the "three ZTE MF627 USB Modem" if anyone is wondering. It comes with a PAYG sim card. I've not tried it out yet, just unboxed to have a look. Will report back once I've tried it out. :D

Cheers 'colinfret' - got mine today, a BARGAIN!

NP your welcome. :)
If you follow this link to the forum I found it on, they are talking of a way to get the bundles cheap than £10 :shrug: might be worth a look for you.

[edit] Hope i'm ok linking to another forum?? Let me know if not mods and i'll remove it.

Well mine just arrived after 4 days, top deal this really !!

Back