French cinema, Bram

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

This was a small local cinema in the tiny village of Bram, France.

Would welcome comments, good or bad.

Thanks for looking.

4.jpg

I know it says 'Cinema' but there's nothing else to remotely suggest that's what the place is, it's hard to imagine looking at the place.

It just looks a bit dull and unexciting to me I'm afraid.

What would have worked better is if somebody was leaning against the wall but that's in an ideal photographic world!;)

Nice tones in the conversion and interesting to view it as 'ideal' :)

i can see why you saw an attraction in the building as I live in France and there are still lots of "crummy old buildings" in disrepair

I think that they are found to be attractive because they are different to the UK and give you a "je ne sais quoi" feeling ...... same with buildings in Spain and other similar countries.

I can feel it by looking at your image because I have seen that type of situation so many times and thought "isn't that marvellous, it would never have been left like that in the UK, someone would have bought it and turned it into a whatever we do to our old properties"

much of rural France's, town and countryside buildings are in final decay and they are worth nothing because no one wants them because of the cost of making them "habitable'. It's just not worth it to the of locals because employing so called "artisans" (just ordinary builders in most cases), is £extortionate, in part due to the high social charges that have to be paid.
Lots of DIY in rural France but again materials are expensive.

The young just want to get out of the countryside, move to a City and live in an Apartment which they usually rent.

thanks for posting Michael, we are in the UK for a few more days then back to SW France ...... probably to the rain

Last edited:
I know it says 'Cinema' but there's nothing else to remotely suggest that's what the place is, it's hard to imagine looking at the place.

It just looks a bit dull and unexciting to me I'm afraid.

That's exactly the type of feedback that I want, to the point. Thank you. I would agree that it's a very plain image.

What would have worked better is if somebody was leaning against the wall but that's in an ideal photographic world!;)

Very true, this was just after a farmers market and the whole village was deserted.

Nice tones in the conversion and interesting to view it as 'ideal' :)

Thanks Gramps.

Thank you everyone for looking and leaving comments.

i can see why you saw an attraction in the building as I live in France and there are still lots of "crummy old buildings" in disrepair

I think that they are found to be attractive because they are different to the UK and give you a "je ne sais quoi" feeling ...... same with buildings in Spain and other similar countries.

I can feel it by looking at your image because I have seen that type of situation so many times and thought "isn't that marvellous, it would never have been left like that in the UK, someone would have bought it and turned it into a whatever we do to our old properties"

much of rural France's, town and countryside buildings are in final decay and they are worth nothing because no one wants them because of the cost of making them "habitable'. It's just not worth it to the of locals because employing so called "artisans" (just ordinary builders in most cases), is £extortionate, in part due to the high social charges that have to be paid.
Lots of DIY in rural France but again materials are expensive.

The young just want to get out of the countryside, move to a City and live in an Apartment which they usually rent.

thanks for posting Michael, we are in the UK for a few more days then back to SW France ...... probably to the rain

It was just the crazy name that attracted me to the building in the first place, yes it's a plain image but not everything has to be pitch perfect. I am glad that you liked it.

Yes- its the sublime contrast between the grandiosity of the name and the wretchedness of the edifice that made it such an engaging image for me:cool:

Back