Frogs of Borneo

Name
kurt
Edit My Images
No
Adult Mossy Bush Frog (Philautus macroscellis), montane forest of Sabah (Borneo).
Philautus macroscellis IMG_2364 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Philautus macroscellis IMG_2360 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Sub-adult Mossy Bush Frog (Philautus macroscellis), montane forest of Sabah (Borneo).
Philautus macroscellis IMG_2183 stk copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Philautus macroscellis IMG_2178 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Kamboranga Bush Frog (Philautus amoenus). Sabah.
Philautus amoenus IMG_2301 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Typical forest floor...................yawn.....

Camouflage. Juvenile Malayan Horned Frog (Megophrys nasuta). Selangor, Malaysia.
Megophrys nasuta IMG_2984 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

More herps: http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2012/12/tropical-reptiles-amphibians.html

As soon as I saw the thumb nail I knew it was your thread, All great as ever tho No 3 and 5 seem a little bright.
Last one, That is some camo, Im sure @Carlh dont see it for a few mins lol :p

Last edited:
I love this type of photography, and to see the different creatures of the world.

holy moly. Is the the thing that looks like the shape of a fish on the bottom right??

Looks like its the frog, dang you found it :p

Brilliant Kurt. Always amazed how you find these, especially when on a night hunt and especially when they are that well camouflaged!

Don't know why you are trying to make us look like fools (successfully done it to above peeps) there is no frog in the last one ;) lol

Great Camo don't know how you spotted it.

Brilliant Kurt... i know who to call whenever I come over that way. You are a master on animal hunting at night. :)

As soon as I saw the thumb nail I knew it was your thread, All great as ever tho No 3 and 5 seem a little bright.
Last one, That is some camo, Im sure @Carlh dont see it for a few mins lol :p

Thanks, Graham. Hmm...both 3 and 5 look okay on my cheap but calibrated Acer lappy's display. I use Spyder2Express for display calibration.

Wonderful set, I especially like the first two

Thank you, Rob.

holy moly. Is the the thing that looks like the shape of a fish on the bottom right??

Thanks, Carl. Bingo. The frog's head is the other way though, i.e the head of the fish is the vent of the frog.

I love this type of photography, and to see the different creatures of the world.

Thanks, Jim.

Brilliant Kurt. Always amazed how you find these, especially when on a night hunt and especially when they are that well camouflaged!

Thanks, Timmy. It's actually easier to spot them at night with the help of a good torchlight/flashlight.

First one Most Excellent .

Thank you, Richard.

Don't know why you are trying to make us look like fools (successfully done it to above peeps) there is no frog in the last one ;) lol

Great Camo don't know how you spotted it.

Brilliant Kurt... i know who to call whenever I come over that way. You are a master on animal hunting at night. :)

Thanks, Bryn. It's actually easier to spot them at night with the help of a good torchlight/flashlight. Sure, give me a shoutout if you ever head out this way!

So eclectic in nature - wonderful examples of frog species Kurt.

Paul.

Thanks, Paul.

Back