from canon to leica?

Name
marco
Edit My Images
No
yes, I've done it...:woot::woot::woot:

from a 1ds and 20d, with: 14 2.8, 16-35L, 28 1.8 and a sigma 17/70 to a leica m8 with a 35 summilux, and a 135 f4 elmar

someone said: "you're crazy"

noone said: "great!"

but i'm happy, really happy, and the quality of the file of the m8 is fantastic(y)

sounds great but I would need a wider lens. to go with that lot.

m8 is text speak for mate. Put me off for life.

Graham

it's only a different way to approach the photography. you have to think about the photo, not only take it.

the quality of the lens is fantastic, the system could not be what a current photoghrapher need. but a ragefinder has all what a photographer need: yuo choose the time, the F (sorry, but i don't know how to say it in english ) and iso. no more. no help.

i choose it because i want to do a quite photography, for a quite life:clap:(y)

Range finders are great, they do have limitations but no more than slr's, just different.
Its a nice change in approach to doing the same thing.

well, I'm going to say "great", as I'm jealous. :)

Good on you. Go take some pics and congratulations for hopefully jumping off the kit merrygoround.

Marco..we need to meet up and i need to see it :D:D:D:D

i've done only 10-12 photos, the other was "holiday" photos!

these are two, without postwork (only the first, was 3 stop more light, but was the only way to shot at 1/6 of second: 160 is, f 16, 1/6 and in postwork underexpose of 2.5 stop)
shopping.jpg

intoccabile.jpg

Nice. One day I'll have a MP and a 35mm Summilux... :)

Though the shots you posted don't really do much for me... Get some close quarters street done heh.

I will.

That's great!

Have lots of fun now you are free from the digital merry-go-round! :D

M8 is digital :thinking:

Shoe-horned into a film body where it is an uncomfortable fit, but still digital.

another great from me!

i want a leica, just need convenience of digital.

A D-lux 4 would fit your bill, you know...

manual mode - shutter 1/60, turn auto ISO off if you fancy a challenge - f/8, hyperfocal focussing with the lens set to manual, use either the 'film grain' or dynamic B/W settings - and voila, you're shooting street with that lovely tri-X look and that 'person blur' you get from classic leica shots.

BTW, lovely choice - M8 and 35 'Lux are my holy grail. I like the two shots you've posted - both tell a story, both draw my interest. I personally find them more interesting to look at than the usual barrage of 'I've a new macro lens, here's a bug' or 'yet another sparrow at 900mm' type shots. Of course, that's just my own opinion, and the many horses for courses are why photography is such a great hobby...

M8 is digital :thinking:

Shoe-horned into a film body where it is an uncomfortable fit, but still digital.
Damn. That one. :bonk:

£££ :eek:

I wonder what the Voigtlander 12mm and 15mm are like on it? Wide enough?

My wife has a Digilux 2 and has been lusting after the M8.2 for quite a while now. I finally convinced her that for several hundred pounds less than the body alone a 5D MkII and Canon 85mm f/1.2 was the way to go for her portrait work.

Love Leica, but the prices are crazy.

Prices are indeed crazy - £3200 for an M8.2 - but if it forces you off the gear-wagon, then maybe it might work out cheaper than SLR-GAS in the longer term. I'd wait until the inevitable M9 to see what happens to M8 prices. They won't drop much - small market, high demand - but that might be the best time to go for it.

Back