From my break in the lakes

Name
Paul Hurst
Edit My Images
No
It was really peaceful up there... Hopefully captured a bit of it in all those 1's and 0's...

325421007_24a5cf96e1_b.jpg

That is a really beautiful shot Paul ... (y)

Just a small point ... the bright spot is well blown and for me spoils an otherwise perfick pic ... imo of course ... :shrug:

If you hold a card over the bright bit you can get an idea how really good the pic would be ... :D

It is a lovely place though ... love it up there ... ;)

:p

yes I agree. I shot lots on the day and settled for this image that had a 'relatively' good sky with enough detail left in the ground (after rescue!)

Thanks for your help

With a wonderful view like this the blown bits don't matter unless you are putting it into a club competition. Somehow i think it adds to the drama of the image.

Wow, that's a pretty powerful image. It's a real shame about the sky, the overexposure bothers me, which is a shame, 'cos it would have been a real cracker.

Great shot, Im amazed you got that colour lokking into such a bright sun, even with the blown area I still think it works very well, a really beautiful setting (y)

I agree with Warspite ... I still think it works even with the blown area.

Me too - theres some kind of connection you've made between the standing stones and the power in the sun that works really well for me (sorry if that sounds a bit poncey but I'm sure you know what I mean :embarrassed:)

i really like that one. yeah it's blown and yeah blown bits can ruin pics but people get too excited about it imo. i still think it works in this case too :)

As the old saying goes, what's art to one is trash to another..

I like it, works for me. Still, can't help thinking that bracketing the shot 2 or 3 stops down, and going for the detail in the sky.....

That's a cracking shot. Sorry to jump on your thread but I took a creepily similar shot last month! Admittedly you're is much better, a far smarter angle and FOV.

1163543585.jpg

thanks for everyones comments. Keeping both land and sky in contrast is impossible but I'm gonna do some photoshop work and cut in an exposure which was set for the sky and the sky alone so watch tthis space :)

Wow! iIve just looked at this properly and it's almost spiritual in effect......wouldn't be in the least surprised to see the hand of God reaching down through that blaze of light. Blown highlights be bu*****d, thats one hell of a pic IMHO. :clap:

Back