Fuji HS10 Bridge Camera.

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
Yes
A mate of mine spotted a second hand Fuji HS10 for sale in his local newsagent,s window for £190. It is ten months old.
He asked my advice,but I don,t know anything about bridge cameras so I wondered if anyone on here could tell me if it is a good buy or not?

I think you can get them brand new for about £225....I mean its a good camera definitely...if not the best value one available today..

Thanks Lawrence. If you can buy them new for £225, £190 seems a bit steep for a ten month old model.

You can go direct to fuji and buy a refurb for £203:

https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/view-all

Good camera, but the HS20 is due/has been released and is a much improved version, though is a chunk of money more!

I'm very curious as to why you say it's a better camera.

The sensor size has remained the same, yet they've crammed an extra 6 million pixels onto it, hence the diminished image quality, ISO performance (wasn't great in the first place) etc...

It's a worse camera, and I'd only buy it if you want a little red ring around the barrel, and the extra "scene filter modes" that come with it. The HS10 will produce far better photographs.

I have owned the HS10 since it first appeared on the market.
Brilliant camera with only one major flaw........it's not an SLR.
So you don't have to be Sherlock to work out that many will automatically dismiss the Fuji and not read any further.
I've found the HS10 to excell in many fields (favourite being low light as I could never get my Canon to perform well)Another advantage has to be the 30x zoom.........need I say more ? To get the same performance from a DSLR and mega add on lenses would have bankrupted me for sure.....lol.
Great manual options including manual focus make this camera both entertaining and a challenge to the point and shoot people that want to progress at an affordable price.
My advice would be to buy and enjoy.......you won't be disapointed as I know DSLR owners that use these as second cameras and I think for a bridge camera that's a BIG compliment.

I have one and I love it, manual controls plus scene settings if your not too sure what manual to use.

I'm happy with it, I wanted something able to catch my dogs in action, and its perfect

dscf4948ci.jpg

dscf4180o.jpg

dscf4190.jpg

dscf2143.jpg

dscf2160y.jpg

dscf2189.jpg

Back