Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Took delivery of my new camera body this morning which I purchased from here off Allan. Thats 3 X-E2's i have now. Came nice and early so was able to get out with them. So nice just to swap cameras without having to change lenses. Obviously I'm fully commited to this system now since changing over from my 5DMK3's and have absolutely no regrets about selling all my Canon gear. I have a shoot to do at the end of the week which will now be done with totally Fuji. For me this system has put the fun back into my photography.

Took delivery of my new camera body this morning which I purchased from here off Allan. Thats 3 X-E2's i have now. Came nice and early so was able to get out with them. So nice just to swap cameras without having to change lenses. Obviously I'm fully commited to this system now since changing over from my 5DMK3's and have absolutely no regrets about selling all my Canon gear. I have a shoot to do at the end of the week which will now be done with totally Fuji. For me this system has put the fun back into my photography.

Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!
:D

One of the things which dissuaded me for going for Fuji was the issue of processing raw files but it looks like the post capture processing people are getting their act together and I thought that this little write up might help anyone either having or worrying about raw processing issues...

http://www.fujivsfuji.com/best-xtrans-raw-converter/

One of the things which dissuaded me for going for Fuji was the issue of processing raw files but it looks like the post capture processing people are getting their act together and I thought that this little write up might help anyone either having or worrying about raw processing issues...

http://www.fujivsfuji.com/best-xtrans-raw-converter/

Yeah, Adobe LR was an issue but also seems to be getting a little better and are at least providing camera profiles for Fuji RAW, files still look a little mushy though. Fuji jpg is so good I tend not to bother with RAW nowadays unless the shot needs to count.

Interesting write up thanks, sort of backs up what I have found

Awful with my old version of LR3, had a go with the latest trial version of LR5 and still not that impressed so downloaded the demo version of Photo Ninja. It was a big improvement so shelled out for the license, so far so good and looking forward to the update with highlight recovery for the X-Trans sensor

Might be interested to know that PJ also do a student/academic version for half price and although its a US developed product they offer the discount in the UK as well

I use a Troop London Messenger Bag, http://www.trooplondon.com/all-troopbags/trp0210-troop-london-canvas-messenger-bag.html They have quite a range of 'nice' canvas bags. The London, has a decent sized compartment, a shallow zipped pocket on the rear and two smaller pockets on the front (one of mine holds 6 x 58mm filters, so not that small!!) The bag has a zip around that allows expansion of main section if required.

4623h_trp0210-khaki.jpg

Currently without expansion, mine holds the following:-

1) Main Pocket - Small Camera Wizard case, holding Nikon J1 IR c/w 10mm lens and Fuji 50-230mm lens
Fuji X-E1 with 27mm in soft case
Fuji X-E2 with 18-55mm in soft case
Fuji 14mm lens in neoprene pouch
Samyang 8mm in Neoprene pouch
Gorillarpod Mini- tripod

2) Front Pocket 1 - 6 x 58mm filters in orginal boxes

3) Front Pocket 2 - Spare Batteries, memory cards, cleaning cloths, 18-55mm lens hood

4) Rear Pocket - Triggertrap Cable, Remote Release an Optech Strap

So quite a lot in a small bag, and much cheaper than many 'so called' camera bags. They do smaller bags so one of the others may suit better for just a single body and lenses http://www.trooplondon.com/all-troopbags/show/all.html

Looks perfect for me....tahnk you so much for taking the time too to list what goes inside!

I've just bought a Samyang 8mm Fisheye :) Whos got one and has any photos/tips to share? I just fancied something different and have never used a fisheye.:rolleyes:

Is the jump to the X-E2 worth it from the X-A1 ? I love the X-A1, but do miss not having a viewfinder at times :eek:

I've just bought a Samyang 8mm Fisheye :) Whos got one and has any photos/tips to share? I just fancied something different and have never used a fisheye.:rolleyes:

My Samyang 8mm photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/sets/72157643069881253/ hope that helps

A couple of tips, would be try getting it low to the ground on some occasions, and if you use the Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye profile in Lightroom it makes a pretty good job of straightening things up!!

Two of my favourites

140621 Liver Building sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

llyn idwal Aug 14 sm

Last edited:
My Samyang 8mm photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/sets/72157643069881253/ hope that helps

A couple of tips, would be try getting it low to the ground on some occasions, and if you use the Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye profile in Lightroom it makes a pretty good job of straightening things up!!

Two of my favourites

140621 Liver Building sm

llyn idwal Aug 14 sm

Thank you.....good tip using the Nikon profile! Two great images there. I'm looking forward to trying this lens out on Friday.

Really like those photos, guessing some sort of vintage vehicle gala on the NYMR?

Any one got the 35mm and care to give me their thoughts on it? I know it should be a nice upgrade to the 18-55 in terms of image quality, but specifically I'd like to know how the AF is? Is it quicker or slower? Be great to see some example shots from anyone using it...

Any one got the 35mm and care to give me their thoughts on it? I know it should be a nice upgrade to the 18-55 in terms of image quality, but specifically I'd like to know how the AF is? Is it quicker or slower? Be great to see some example shots from anyone using it...
Plenty on my flickr.... Though I have to say since getting the 23mm I've hardly used mine. AF speed was never an issue and the f1.4 is very useful... Mine is sharp too...

A risky thing to say on a forum, but I'm looking for opinions..

Would an X-E1 or -E2 make a better second body choice to go alongside an X-Pro1? I can see advantages both ways. The -E1 as betting very similar to the -Pro1, with an identical sensor and for characteristics (and white a bit cheaper).. but the -E2 would offer additional performance and capabilities.

I've not convinced myself I need a second body, but I have got it into my head I probably want one..

Would an X-E1 or -E2 make a better second body choice to go alongside an X-Pro1? I can see advantages both ways. The -E1 as betting very similar to the -Pro1, with an identical sensor and for characteristics (and white a bit cheaper).. but the -E2 would offer additional performance and capabilities.

I've not convinced myself I need a second body, but I have got it into my head I probably want one..

If you can deal with the X-Pro 1's speed and VF, then the X-E1 will be fine. You can then spend the extra on another lens, wahoo!

You always need a 2nd body :D

Back