Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Took my x100 out for a spin the other day. I had offered the kit up for sale in response to a wanted thread but after using it again I'm not sure I want it all to go. An HDR of my tube station and a couple of Intentional Camera Movement shots from the park

East Finchley by Ian, on Flickr

1611_ICM_015 by Ian, on Flickr

1611_ICM_041 by Ian, on Flickr

@ianmarsh is that the original x100?

Yes. I've had about five of them now. They are lovely to use but I don't like the 35mm focal length. I kept buying them to try, then I'd fall out with them and sell them, only to buy another a few months later. But now I have it with the wide and teleconverters and it makes a cracking travel kit.

Last edited:
Awesome glad to here it iq looks awesome .... i had a x100 and loved it so i upgraded well supposedly to a xe2 and hated it i think.it was a big mistake to get rid of the x100

I use the XT1 90% of the time and an XE1 as a back-up another 9%. But those few times I use the x100 I do like it. I think it looks especially good with files that I've pushed around a lot in processing through silver efex or analog efex like these shots.

As we've had some life on the thread, another quick one from the x100t
20161115100241_dscf1343.jpg

Any solid rumours on the "F"?

I guess we're going to see the new 24mp sensor and improved focusing system... but if that's all they put in it I can't see myself rushing to buy one.

I'd love to see a new lens and slight redensign but I can't see it happening.

are the new sensors that much better? I mean the 24 v16 mp ... I think we may possibly see a moveable screen?

I keep thinking about buying an x100 series but I'm not sure that an XT-10 with 23mm f2 lens might be more versatile. I can add a 50mm or zoom if I like it.
I have Nikon DSLR's and quite a few lenses so the attraction is size, weight, OOC jpegs and classic chrome.
Anyone have both the X100 series and XT-10 to give me some opinions?

p.s. Wex have an extra 10% off selected Fuji's today.

my dad is looking for a x100 and hes in the same boat hes unsure as to if he should get a xt10 or xt1 and 23mm instead .. he shoots with canon dlsr but wants this as his travel camera for weight etc... I'm guessing and what I have said to him is it all comes down to if you think you would use more than the 23mm f2 lens if you think you will then the xt series is more versatile..... its a difficult decision tough tbh

@uae exile do you have both mate? im giving consideration to getting one as "my fun camera"

They really are different setups. The X100/s/t will be marginally more compact (though the XT10/23mm combo will be close), has the built in ND filter (which is great), the ability to sync flash at all shutter speeds (which is also a fun thing to play with) and, if it's important to you, an optical viewfinder. The two add-on lenses make it a very good travel camera. But you'll never get a telephoto or ultra wide-angle for it. And some people don't get on with the focal length - it just doesn't suit their style. I'm selling mine because, for pics when out and about with the kids, the XT2 and 18-135 is a pretty fantastic combination for various personal reasons. I'll miss the x100 though - for photography when I'm out and about on my own it's just wonderful little thing that always brings a smile to my face.

Awesome cheers i did have the original x100 but tbh i didnt give it as much of a chance as i should of... i think i was expecting it to replace my at the time canon 5d3 and this time i a mo more realisitic and it would be a camera just to take around with me

Awesome cheers i did have the original x100 but tbh i didnt give it as much of a chance as i should of... i think i was expecting it to replace my at the time canon 5d3 and this time i a mo more realisitic and it would be a camera just to take around with me
Yeah for sure, you've got to be realistic when it comes to Fuji. Even the top bodies, the XT2 and XPro2 aren't a match for my FF Nikon. I've actually just sold on an XT2 and looking at buying an X100T as my go-to camera leaving my Nikon just for paid work.

Yeah thats my plan tbh... i think i looked at it as a competitor rather than a colleague lol im going to give it some thought thanks for your input ;-)

If the 23mm focal length suits you then the X100T is a great travel camera, street shooter and it can pull off a decent portrait too.

What makes it great for me is the leaf shutter, fast flash sync speed and built in ND filter. You can always shoot wide open thanks to the above, even if its a bright sunny day. Plus I like working with a fixed lens.

Mine will be available next week. I dont have the box anymore but apart from one tiny scratch on the top plate its mint. With screen protector and a spare 3rd party battery plus original charger. About 4600 actuations.

Possibly a chance to get a good deal for you or your dad.

Last edited:
Well I've bought the X10 on the deal.
I'll use it to play with my ais lenses initially.

couple of basic questions, have just purchased the x100T ( from a seller on here ) and should be getting it friday.
previously i used a fuji XE1 from day it was released and had it for about a year before going back to canon. back then the fuji RAW files ( RAF ) were poorly supported by adobe and tbh didnt look great and the software supplied by fuji was pretty naff.
So the two questions are. how are the fuji's RAF/ RAW files now in regard to quality and adobe support ( have LR and photoshop CC )
secondly in terms of RAW v Jpeg , what do people prefer to shoot with on the x100T as i know Jpeg quality was always very good
looking forward to getting the camera friday as its father in laws 90th birthday party saturday so hoping to get some nice shots ( taking place in daytime in a very nicely lit orangery so should make for some nice crisp images )

Hi fellow X100 enthusiasts! I've been away for a while since getting my X100T and selling up all my Canon gear and lenses etc! I love my little camera and while I can see why it would not be perfect for everyone, but it's perfect for me. Here's a few pictures I have taken - I enjoy using it while out walking with my family etc. It obviously has its limitations (the supermoon was one!) but I accepted those when I bought it and hope that it last me a good many years! Hopefully will be back sharing much more on the forum from now on!

My Fuji X100T by Rob Richards, on Flickr

The River Calder by Rob Richards, on Flickr

Walking The Old man Of Coniston, Cumbria by Rob Richards, on Flickr

Pike of Blisco & Crinkle Crags, Langdale Valley, Lake District, Cumbria by Rob Richards, on Flickr

havent had chance to read through this whole thread so will ask now and apologies if this has been answered.
so got my fuji x100T and i have LR CC and adobe photoshop CC.
so i imported into LR and all the raw ( and jpeg ) files showed ok ( RAF files ). however normally if i want to edit an image in photoshop i just right click the image in LR and choose edit in photoshop. however with the raf files nothing happens.. no file opens in photoshop. right clicking and edit in photoshop works fine with jpegs and regular RAW files from my old canon.
so is there a workaround to solve this with raf files ( without the hassle of using silkypix as this would mean messing around with conversion prior to opening in LR )

I've not had a chance to try it myself, but did you convert the RAW to DNG in lightroom first? The option to do so is in the "Library" menu in Lightroom. I convert all my RAFs to DNG as part of my processing routine - as DNG is a documented file format I'd hope that will make them more future proof.

If it helps I use JPEG for iso3200 and over. For RAW Thomas Fitzgerald presets for LR IMO cannot be beaten and are well priced

Has anyone tried Zone Focusing on the X100s (or X100t)? I am trying to gauge how accurate the depth of field scale is on mine. It doesn't seem to agree much with my hyperfocal distance calculator

Cheers

Last edited:
A bump up for this thread - and a foggy image of St Peter's Church in Titchfield - taken with my X100s - vignetted and slightly sepia toned in Silver Efex.

StPeters%20in%20fog_1024px_zpsjo3nxvc2.jpg

I was walking the dog and couldn't take too long as he was chasing squirrels - as usual

I've decided to buy myself a late Christmas present by way of an external flash for my X100. I have a Fuji EF-X20 which is beautifully made and very intuitive, but is increasingly annoying due to its lack of bounce and swivel. So that will be sold.

I want a compact unit with TTL capabilities so that leads me to the Metz M400 and Nissin i40. Plenty of love online for the latter, but the former is quite new, so there are not many reviews.

Pros for the Nissin are the simple controls, although I read complaints about accidentally moving the EV compensation dial. So that gives me two EV dials to accidentally move as I'm forever knocking the EV dial on the camera! I guess I can learn to keep an eye on it.

The Metz has an intuitive menu and communicates a bit more feedback (usable distance etc.) via its OLED display. And it's a Metz which, whatever their recent financial woes, have a very good reputation.

So ... any users of either/both on here?

Also, I presume the X100 sends a "I'm sporting a 35mm equivalent lens" message to zoomable flashes to adjust their zoom length?

Any thoughts/views gratefully received ...
smile.gif

Back