Fuji x100

Any threaded cable release...

Old school mech release..

cable_release_100cm_on_x100_1.jpg

Seriously tempted to sell my X100 to fund a 6D - although seeing some of the results you guys are getting might make me change my mind ;)

Seriously tempted to sell my X100 to fund a 6D - although seeing some of the results you guys are getting might make me change my mind ;)

Keep it. Thus avoiding buying another...so many of us sold out..missed them...bought another..

That's the impression I'm getting in the thread.

I guess the issue I have is that in *most* situations, I'm not getting that much more from it than the Iphone 6S+ and I carry that around anyway in my pocket. So a combo of iPhone for snapshots, and 7D for everything else just seems better. Whilst the x100 is "small" its still not really a pocketable camera.

I wonder if they will ever make any other conversion lenses for the x100's.
I have to say I love the tcl-x100 and the results it gives.
I guess 28,35 and 50 is the holy trinity for street though.

I also have the Nikon converter, gives me approx 24mm. The tcl converter is pretty big and bulky, I don't think anything longer would be practical. I don't use mine very often.

Well, finally I've joined the 100 club! Got myself a nice little bargain from eBay today an X100 original, so nice and simple as a daily driver. Can't remember the amount of times I've ummed and arred about buying one, and even last night, couldn't decide whether I wanted to go hang on for an S or just push the button on an original.

Finally, as they say :D

Well, finally I've joined the 100 club! Got myself a nice little bargain from eBay today an X100 original, so nice and simple as a daily driver. Can't remember the amount of times I've ummed and arred about buying one, and even last night, couldn't decide whether I wanted to go hang on for an S or just push the button on an original.

Finally, as they say :D

Sweet. Still love my original.

Enjoy ..

Gutted my dads x100 which i inherited after he died has also died wont power up at all fuji want the camera sent back for a quote to repair. Sad day.

Thought mine was going the same way... until I searched online and saw someone suggesting that the battery could be in the wrong way - and it was!

Poor design element in an otherwise brilliant camera.

OK, so had a play with my X100 over the past day or so. Have to say I find the auto ISO completely confusing.

The camera doesn't seem to react to the auto ISO and raise and fall as it would on my X-Pro1 or XT and seems to work in reverse to how I would expect.

Anyone any tips or ideas on how to set it up?

OK, so had a play with my X100 over the past day or so. Have to say I find the auto ISO completely confusing.

The camera doesn't seem to react to the auto ISO and raise and fall as it would on my X-Pro1 or XT and seems to work in reverse to how I would expect.

Anyone any tips or ideas on how to set it up?

Hi,

Seems to work when you half press the Shutter button in Different lighting conditions.

In ISO control in the Menu SET (Spanner) also lets you adjust MAX SENSITIVITY and MIN SHUTTER SPEED.

Sorry if you already know the Menu part.

Last edited:
Thanks. Have had a good Google around and watched a couple of recommended You Tube videos and I'm thinking I've got a bit of a pup with a SAB issue :(

Think Fuji have offered to do the Sab issue on any camera that does it, even out of warranty. Might be just worth sending it off. Think it was serial numbers prior to those beginning 23....?

About 2 years ago, Fuji fixed my for cost of labour (around £90 IIRC) and slapped another 1 year warranty on the out of warranty fixed camera.

Spoke to Fuji, they originally quote £155 then revised it to £95 if it proved SAB if confirmed.

I've actually sold it on with the issue and now looking for another, may even look for an S or a T.

It makes me laugh when people post things like ' is the original x100 still relevant in 2016'
Which I have seen on other forums.

Why would it not be relevant? Ah of course it's only 12mp and doesn't auto focus in 1 millisecond and doesn't have wifi or a tilting touchscreen blah blah blah blah...hehe

And it's still the sexiest camera made in the digital age!
Now pick up your x100/s/t and give it a hug......oooooooh that's better.

Back