Fuji x100

:LOL: That mystery has just been resolved too! We used it in the other halfs panasonic to get a shot of the fault to email fuji and forgot we had left it in there..:bonk:

Lucky break there.....
I have just been looking at camera bags again. Seems all mine are too big now I have downsized from my Nikon. Thought I would go for another Billingham, this time a Hadley Small.
Prices seem to be around £115 or so, except for FotoSense who advertise it at £125.00 inc. VAT RRP £117.43 Save -£7.57 (0%) :thinking:

I won't be using them......

Allan

I really like the crumpler Jimmy Bo 600 I got off here.X100 fits nice in main compartment and plenty of room for spare batteries filters etc,I also like the fact it can be worn around your waist.

Lucky break there.....
I have just been looking at camera bags again. Seems all mine are too big now I have downsized from my Nikon. Thought I would go for another Billingham, this time a Hadley Small.
Prices seem to be around £115 or so, except for FotoSense who advertise it at £125.00 inc. VAT RRP £117.43 Save -£7.57 (0%) :thinking:

I won't be using them......

Allan

I have a Hadley Small for mine. Easily fits my X100 with accessories (batteries, hood, cards, EF-20 flash, filters etc) and would fit another camera the same size, so ideal if you have an X10 as well. Very nice bag.

I looked at the Hadley small and it's just not big enough for me, I settled on a Hadley pro, holds the x100, iPad and a few other bits & bobs :)

Thanks. I just ordered one off Amazon. Bit of a change, I went for the black one, I already have a couple of the Tan ones. I will need to sell the bigger one now though. It's good for a flight bag!
I see you have an EF20 flash, I was thinking the EF 42. How are you getting on with yours? Does the head tilt and swivel?
Allan

Last edited:
Thanks. I just ordered one off Amazon. Bit of a change, I went for the black one, I already have a couple of the Tan ones. I will need to sell the bigger one now though. It's good for a flight bag!
I see you have an EF20 flash, I was thinking the EF 42. How are you getting on with yours? Does the head tilt and swivel?
Allan

You might like this for your black bag - Linky

I have the EF20, its a nice little flash, has a tilt head but not swivel. there is a mice little diffuser on it too, not fantastic or in the league of its bigger brother but folds to be pocket sized.

I looked at the Hadley small and it's just not big enough for me, I settled on a Hadley pro, holds the x100, iPad and a few other bits & bobs :)

I have been using a Hadley Original, about the same size as the Pro, but a little too big for me now. I don't have an iPad, I just want to carry the two cameras about with a few batteries / cards / sweets.

I think the small one will be big enough for me now. If not, I can always revert to the original.
Allan

:D My replacement arrived safe and sound..just charging and getting ready to update firmware.Least I have a spare charger and strap now lol:LOL:

:D My replacement arrived safe and sound..just charging and getting ready to update firmware.Least I have a spare charger and strap now lol:LOL:

Hope this one lasts you.
Scott, I got the black strap, just waiting for the bag to come now. Should be here Thursday. Fingers crossed
Allan

Thinking of using voucher code and grabbing a refurb from fuji shop for just under£600 but would like a 3 yr warranty from Fotosense perhaps but that would be another £120.00.

Any refurb experiences?

Thinking of using voucher code and grabbing a refurb from fuji shop for just under£600 but would like a 3 yr warranty from Fotosense perhaps but that would be another £120.00.

Any refurb experiences?

Dunno about Fotosense but I bought mine from Jessops with the 3 year warranty and accidental damage cover.

I have done so for several high value purchases from Jessops and used the accidental damage cover for a £1200 I clattered off something denting the focus ring and making manual focus unusable so was very glad I had bought it.

Because I have the cover on the X100 I'm happy to take it out in the pouring rain etc and I'd say that was worth £120.

I have a few batteries for my X100 and X10 and to stop them rattling about in the bottom of my camera bag and fighting with the SD cards, I was looking for something to store them in.
Something maybe made out of webbing with elasticated pockets to hold the batteries.
Any ideas of anything I could get hold of easily?
I know Think Tank produce these sort of things for AA batteries but they are dearer than a camera bag and probably not available in the UK.
Allan

allanm said:
I have a few batteries for my X100 and X10 and to stop them rattling about in the bottom of my camera bag and fighting with the SD cards, I was looking for something to store them in.
Something maybe made out of webbing with elasticated pockets to hold the batteries.
Any ideas of anything I could get hold of easily?
I know Think Tank produce these sort of things for AA batteries but they are dearer than a camera bag and probably not available in the UK.
Allan

Use a sports sock - and no, I'm not joking!

Not a bad idea, I might see if my Daughter has any old iPod socks, they should do it

Allan

Well, after a couple of hours scouring the web I settled for a KATA P36 case. Its bigger than I wanted but fits nicely in the centre section of my new bag and holds all my batteries and cards. I could probably get a few more things in there too
HERES a link to the pouch I bought from Amazon
Allan

Those flower pictures are great, I always find it hard to get the focus right. Mind you it was a breezy day the last time I tried! Here's one I was pleased with:

New Beginning by osh80, on Flickr

I was just about to post about a really big Nikon fisheye when I saw this thread...

How are you guys finding the X100? I was looking at the X Pro 1 as a replacement for my 5D Mark 2, but now I'm looking more towards getting an X100 as well as the 5D2.

I've heard that the autofocus is a bit of a mare, is this true?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to fit Fujinon style rectangle lens hoods?

I've tried the X Pro 1 and the X100 and I found that I preferred the X100. The AF on it now is mostly fixed (the same can't be said for the XP1 yet). The smaller size is also a huge plus point, especially if you want it as a complementary camera.

I've heard that the autofocus is a bit of a mare, is this true?

Autofocus fixed. I think I posted in this thread before about taking it on holiday and missing two or three really key shots because of the auto-focus.

After the new firmware update I took it to a friend's party (indoors, evening, low light) autofocus was fast and spot on didn't miss a single shot.

Hi Mike..I sold my dslr and purchased this camera and have to say I dont regret it at all.I will certainly get another dslr at some point but cant see me ever parting with the x100. I take it everywhere and love the images it produces. i was also concerned about af speed but have to say it is more than adequate for most things and with latest firmware update even snappier.If you can live with the fixed focal length I dont think you will find much to grumble about,I certainly cant.It does what it says on the tin plus some!(y)

Anyone else notice that MF is greatly improved now? I suddenly noticed yesterday that it doesn't take me a million turns of the focus barrel to get to infinity!

Recently recieved my refurb from Fuji - £600 with voucher. I was ready to return it under distance seller regs if necessarry but it's unmarked - no wear even on base points, no lug wear, no micro scratches - perfect in fact. Lens sharpness is as I'd hoped at 100% at f2 and a little stopping down renders the entire frame tack sharp.

Can't spot the firmware version, anyone know how I can determine this? Thanks in anticipation. John

Recently recieved my refurb from Fuji - £600 with voucher. I was ready to return it under distance seller regs if necessarry but it's unmarked - no wear even on base points, no lug wear, no micro scratches - perfect in fact. Lens sharpness is as I'd hoped at 100% at f2 and a little stopping down renders the entire frame tack sharp.

Can't spot the firmware version, anyone know how I can determine this? Thanks in anticipation. John

Any chance you could say where you got the voucher from?

Hold the Disp/Back button while turning on the camera, then the firmware version will be displayed on the screen I think:)

I've just got hold of a Pentax lens hood and some filters to fit it onto an X100.

Looks like I've relapsed with my G.A.S.

now I'm looking more towards getting an X100 as well as the 5D2.
That's the combination I use - I really like it. I had a trip to Japan recently and I stuck and 85mm on the 5d Mark II and carried that plus the X100. Gave me two great options without having to switch lenses - and weight was only marginally more than the 5d Mk II with the 24-70. Some of the results are here.

Focus on the X100 isn't as good as the 5d Mk II, but it's definitely improved. Once you get used to its foibles, you'll hit focus on most things.

I've been using the X100 for a couple of weeks now. I've tried to give it a good workout and have used it for street photography, outdoor strobist stuff, macro, architectural, and in the studio (see shot below).

I did play with the XPro1, but wanted a small camera to carry around and not a DSLR replacement and an investment in another system. The X100 is not a replacement for my 5D2, but something that I will carry with me all the time.

p240804168-2.jpg

So, I had a bit of time on my hands today and decided that I would test my new Sandisk Extreme Pro 90mb/s card out to see if it worth the investment.

Well, no. Not for me, but it certainly would benefit RAW shooters.

I did some tests with continuous shooting using 5 Sandisk cards. 2 x Extreme III's, an Extreme HD video ( 20mb/s) an Extreme III 30mb/s edition and the Extreme Pro 95mb/s.

I put the camera into bust mode and counted how long it took to clear the buffer.
Surprisingly ( to me) they all did the jpegs at around the same speed. 10 x jpegs at about 11 seconds.

Then RAW and Jpegs. The Extreme Pro wrote them in 15 seconds, the others between 24 - 27 seconds, the next fastest being the 30mb/s card at 24 sec.

Then just RAW. Extreme Pro did 8 RAWS in 10 seconds. The 30mb/s card in 15 seconds. I didn't bother with the others but I guess they would have been slower.

So, if you shoot RAW, a 95mb/s is a good investment. Not sure how the 45mb/s cards work though. Probably save a couple of seconds over the 30mb/s card.

Time for a beer I think after all that technical stuff. Don't worry, I won't be doing anything like this again. Its not very exciting!

Allan

Time for a beer I think after all that technical stuff. Don't worry, I won't be doing anything like this again. Its not very exciting!
:LOL:
Tbh I cant tell a great deal of difference when using extreme pro 95mbs cards and my extreme hd cards which are 30mbs..but yeah too technical and boring time for more beer.:D

Back