Fulica atra

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Whilst walking round the local pond to a new feeding station I have on the go.
I heard a commotion on the water and managed to capture this chap on route for a fight with another Coot.
It would have been good to have captured the fight however they ended up in the reeds, I could hear them but had lost sight.
I did chuckle to my myself as I carried on walking afterwards.
View attachment 29330

Last edited:
Nice one.....:)

Really nice sharp image with a great B&W Conversion, only critique on this would be to crop more off on the right of the subject to make it less central and aid the composition (y)

Thanks Joe, however the droplets of water splashing up behind the coot, would be lost if cropped and take the sense of movement/purpose away from the subject. He still has plenty of space to move into.
Break the rules a little I have found you have to be different to win club comps.
This image has printed well on the Epson R3000 "letter boxed mounted on black card" and will be in the club comp on Thursday @ Cannock Photographic Society. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the feedback its appreciated.
Paul.

Break the rules a little I have found you have to be different to win club comps.

I know what you mean, some of my personal not so best images have won comps in the past which I wouldn't normally show on my website as I don't think they are upto my personal standards, I guess its just what the Judges like and something that is different will stick out a mile

Great image that works well in B/W Paul.
Agree with you regarding the composition.

I'll have to echo the sentiment that it's a successful photo. The tonal range, composition, pose and the water ripples all hit the spot.

Nice to see a B&W version of a bird on here, don't see them often. Also agree with above, I like the water movement to the rear of the bird, it works well in the conversion. I would expect it to look nice when printed.

Back