fun with fruit

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
After reading a couple of articles and having a free afternoon to myself, I popped down to our local fruit and veg shop and amused myself for a couple of hours:)

The fruits of my labours below;).

Definitely a departure for me and my usual work, but would welcome any constructive C&C and thoughts on how to improve.

Thanks!!!

Alan

the future's bright, the future's orange by crossland_alan, on Flickr

sliced by crossland_alan, on Flickr

diced by crossland_alan, on Flickr

taste explosion by crossland_alan, on Flickr

fizz by crossland_alan, on Flickr

You've done well with those alan, i like all of those, you have executed the cut-up-fruits perfectly.

My favourite would have to be the last image , loving the bubbles. Was that shot immersed in water?

Thanks Carl / xfile.

Yes, the last shot was places in a square glass vase filled with sparkling water.

Quite a fiddle as the slice kept trying to float up to be flat, but I was really pleased with the result in the end.

The first time I've used the live view to aid focussing and I was really impressed with how well it works.

I do like them. The background colours you chose contrast perfectly against the fruit and really make them "pop". It's good to try new things now and again.

Must agree with the consensus the last one is excellent, the others aren't too bad either :)

Really like all of those Alan.
Lovely use of contrasting colours for the backgrounds - gives it all a bit of a 'pop' and real Summery feel.

I have to echo the comments above about the last one being the standout shot, although I think the second Strawberry deserves a mention too.
I know it's essentially the same set up as Strawb pic #1, but really interesting to see how much difference a slightly different angle has made.
The slight drop off of focus on the rear slice just makes the second one look far more dynamic - it's given it some extra depth and almost a feel of motion rather than being static like the first.

Back