Fungi Hunt Surprises - Did I just shoot a Globby?

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Went on a Fungi hunt today found absolutely loads but wont be sharing here, instead these are the unexpected bugs and critters found.

Tamron 90mm + 1.4x TC with either flash or Ambient

1. Spiky caterpillar

IMG_6240
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_6242
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. The March

IMG_6234
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. Didn't know they were still around but amazed to find this.

IMG_6304
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. A Kurt @orionmystery Job :)

IMG_6270
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_6257
by bthomas124, on Flickr

7. WHAT IS THAT ON ITS HEAD???? Lets take a closer look.

IMG_6268
by bthomas124, on Flickr

8. Its only a bloody Globby..... Yay (shame I only noticed in PP)

IMG_6268-2
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Bryn, This is a great set of images with good composition and some lovely autumn colours as well. I think #1 & #5 for me are right on the money.(y)

George.

Went on a Fungi hunt today found absolutely loads but wont be sharing here
Awww why not??

A lovely set. Great looking caterpillar. Didn't @Paul Iddon post a similar one recently?

Impressive number of plant bugs!! That plant might be suffering soon.

I love that dragon fly shot the autumnal colours are just terrific.

It's a shame you couldn't get the frog to face you but...

8. Its only a bloody Globby..... Yay (shame I only noticed in PP)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How the hell did you miss that large globy m8 lol :banghead:
As for the fungi hunt you have done really well, ya see, its surprising what is about even tho its getting cooler.
As the big man said, "Open your eyes and you shall see" altho I dont think he was talking about insects.... bah ha ha ha ha
Great set and thanks for sharing.

so where's these Fungi shot then :p

great set Bryn, I love the Frog

Les ;)

Bryn, This is a great set of images with good composition and some lovely autumn colours as well. I think #1 & #5 for me are right on the money.(y)

George.

Thanks George, I processed these when extremely tired last night so not 100% happy with them but I will go back and re do some. Yes as for colours there was some amazing ones on show.

Awww why not??

A lovely set. Great looking caterpillar. Didn't @Paul Iddon post a similar one recently?

Impressive number of plant bugs!! That plant might be suffering soon.

I love that dragon fly shot the autumnal colours are just terrific.

Lol I was referring to this Thread not TP lol

Also haven't processed yet as wanted a awake mind to do it so they will be on here this afternoon I have so many that I will have to make a Fungi Thread.

As for the plant bugs they were on a tree. So think it will be ok. And yes Paul shot I think couldn't find his thread.

How the hell did you miss that large globy m8 lol :banghead:
As for the fungi hunt you have done really well, ya see, its surprising what is about even tho its getting cooler.
As the big man said, "Open your eyes and you shall see" altho I dont think he was talking about insects.... bah ha ha ha ha
Great set and thanks for sharing.

Lol Graham I really don't know how I missed it :confused:

so where's these Fungi shot then :p

great set Bryn, I love the Frog

Les ;)

As for Fungi see above... they will be coming and you can ID for me as you are the Fungixpert! lol

Thanks for the comments all.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="

As for Fungi see above... they will be coming and you can ID for me as you are the Fungixpert! lol

Thanks for the comments all.[/QUOTE]

yes and don't you forget it :p:p:p:p:p

Great stuff. Love the dragonfly and the frog (and passenger).

Would the frog have let you get close enough to get a decent shot of the Globby?

Thanks Nick... Unfortunately not Nick they were really really skittish. Probably shouldn't have used my softbox setup and did ring flash instead might have not scared them so easily.

Thanks Nick... Unfortunately not Nick they were really really skittish. Probably shouldn't have used my softbox setup and did ring flash instead might have not scared them so easily.

Natural light? It's a big ask with a Globby though. Unlikely to work. but the frog was probably completely still. So if the Globby was too ..... hmmm, yes, that's unlikely. It's a thought though. Do you ever work with natural light for bugs?

Natural light? It's a big ask with a Globby though. Unlikely to work. but the frog was probably completely still. So if the Globby was too ..... hmmm, yes, that's unlikely. It's a thought though. Do you ever work with natural light for bugs?

I do sometimes but yesterday was gloomy think some of the plant bugs ones on flickr are natural light.

The dragonfly is a Common Darter (Sympetrum striolatum) - They are one of the few species still in their flight season and some can be seen as late as end of November. It all depends on temperatures and frosts.

I admin 'UK Dragonflies & Damselflies' on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/561222590593478/

I like your IMG_6270 of froggy on leaf best.

Last edited:
Oh, and I would have cropped off the OoF tail of the caterpillar IMG_6240 as much as a third of it's body length (keeping the picture proportion) - Because I find it distracting.

The dragonfly is a Common Darter (Sympetrum striolatum) - They are one of the few species still in their flight season and some can be seen as late as end of November. It all depends on temperatures and frosts.

I admin 'UK Dragonflies & Damselflies' on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/561222590593478/

I like your IMG_6270 of froggy on leaf best.

Yes I'm a member is there and easy way to link images from Flickr to your FB group?

Thanks the caterpillar shot is a profiling shot really more than a pretty shot.

Yes I'm a member is there and easy way to link images from Flickr to your FB group?

....I'll test the Flickr > FB Group posting and let you know. As sole Admin, I allow members to Share their images on the Group's Timeline (many FB groups don't). But, as you have probably already witnessed, I am very strict about all images posted being of BDS listed UK species.

What's your name on the group? If you prefer not to say publicly here, please PM me.

....I'll test the Flickr > FB Group posting and let you know. As sole Admin, I allow members to Share their images on the Group's Timeline (many FB groups don't). But, as you have probably already witnessed, I am very strict about all images posted being of BDS listed UK species.

What's your name on the group? If you prefer not to say publicly here, please PM me.

Well as I put my name on the copyright I don't mind its Bryn Thomas. :)

Well as I put my name on the copyright I don't mind its Bryn Thomas. :)

....I'm very glad to say that I didn't notice the copyright so it didn't detract from your photos - In my opinion, loud copyright stamps spoil images.

....I'm very glad to say that I didn't notice the copyright so it didn't detract from your photos - In my opinion, loud copyright stamps spoil images.

Nor do I, this one is only temporary till I can design something else which will be smaller and it will be hidden somewhat.

The copyright stamp on images is a very contentious subject but I respect other people's opinions even though I personally don't like them. Small is much better, but it's only my opinion.

But let's not hijack your photos thread with further discussion here.

....Hi Bryn @Tintin124 - I have tested it now and the easiest way is to simply Copy-&-Paste your Flickr image URL on the FB group Timeline. I have posted accordingly there for your attention.

You can also link Flickr and FB accounts by authorising Flickr but it only has the option of sharing on your personal FB page, not on a FB group. I hope this helps.

Very nice - and bonus bug is always good, especially a GS! awkward

And yes, it is the grey dagger moth caterpillar like I found recently :)

Paul.

Thanks Paul some really awkward websites when trying to find ID's so much appreciated.

....Hi Bryn @Tintin124 - I have tested it now and the easiest way is to simply Copy-&-Paste your Flickr image URL on the FB group Timeline. I have posted accordingly there for your attention.

You can also link Flickr and FB accounts by authorising Flickr but it only has the option of sharing on your personal FB page, not on a FB group. I hope this helps.

Hi Robin, I did see that I have been tagged excellent thanks. On mobile App only shows link but fine on desk/laptop. Will add it now.

Back