G15 or X-20

Edit My Images
Yes
Insurance refund BUT with a PC World card. So as the wife does not any white goods, a camera it is.

Damaged camera was a G12. The two that look like suitable replacement for £500 are G15 or X-20.

I suppose IQ is my #1 requirement.

Have had a G9 and a G12 both of which have scratched lenses so I know I am not too careful with my camera and the sliding lens covers on Canon are putting me off. I like the look of the Fuji's film settings.

Suggestions please.

I'm sure the X-20 is the current default answer (some might suggest Sony RX100), but if you're not in a desperate hurry, hang fire a short while, and maybe look at the Ricoh GR.
Of course, there's no guarantee Currys/PC World will carry it.

I'm sure the X-20 is the current default answer (some might suggest Sony RX100), but if you're not in a desperate hurry, hang fire a short while, and maybe look at the Ricoh GR.
Of course, there's no guarantee Currys/PC World will carry it.

The GR has a fixed focal length which may not suit if used to a G12?

I would also guess that Currys/PC world would not stock the Ricoh anyway as the GR cameras arenot particulary mainstream.

Saying that, the GR is what I would choose if it was available.

Hi, This is a no brainer, out of the two you have mentioned it has to be the X20.

Of the two the X20 by a mile. It is at least a generation ahead in most areas.
Larger sensor
Faster focus
faster shutter delay.
more detail
better viewfinder
better build quality ( magnesium alloy body.)
Stylish looks.

I might be able to help a little here as I have had a Canon G11 and now have a Fuji x10. I really like my Fuji X10 and I believe the images it creates are very good for a camera of its size but, and this is a big but, the IQ I believe is not as good as the G11 when in good light. I believe the G11 lens is sharper than the X10 and the colours have more 'pop' (even in Velvia mode).

However the ergonomics and the useability of the X10 make it an excellent camera to use and when low light comes in to play the EXR mode is stunning!

X20 purchased and will be here next week.
Thanks for the help. Will post shots once I have got to grips with it.

X20 purchased and will be here next week.
Thanks for the help. Will post shots once I have got to grips with it.

Yay! Will be glad to see more images in the X20 thread. See you there soon!

Back