Galtres Festival 2013

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Was my daughter's birthday so made the decision to take the camera and try out some band photography to see if the theory would work in practice. The Friday was a bit gray and turnout out to be a somewhat damp weekend, but we had some great fun overall. Can't wait until next year :)

Post lunch pondering ...
Waiting2.JPG

Blackbeard's Tea Party - folk riot!
BTP.JPG

The Undertones - I think Fergal has a new job now
Undertones_1.JPG

Others still crack on!
Undertones_2.JPG

The Stranglers latest front man gets down to business
Stranglers.JPG

These are some of the first I've done in the field - all are JPGs straight from the camera. Any comments or tips to improve the field work or post processing would be very much appreciated.

No 1 is underexposed and the subject a little too central :shrug:

the rest are Over exposed and some highlight are blow as a result.a faster shutter speed or even a smaller aperture woud have help in the band shoot

Ive adjusted the exposure in this one to give you and idea of what I mean- not a 100% effort as I have litte time and a small image to work on

Original

Edit

Les (y)

Hi Les. Thanks for this feedback, much appreciated.

I can't believe the difference with the adjustments made - looks so much more detailed. I do have the RAW files so may be able to play around even more, although it's finding the time that is the problem - will see if I get a chance this week and try to post some adjusted pics.

The first one was the staged one :crying:. I was trying to get some brighter color and capture the imposing cloud. Ah well, maybe need to play with that one myself.

Cheers.

So that's what that button does ... used UFRaw to fix with a single button click, what a difference!

Waiting_2.jpg

I could get into this - sleepless nights ahead!

Will take a few more test shots next time and check the exposure - although it's not that easy on the camera screen these days with my aging eyes!

Last edited:
Back