Gannets

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a good day at RSPB Bempton Cliffs yesterday and these are some of the shots from the day, more to follow.

5597182817_fecc101d97_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5597182927_e89e01241e_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5597182961_df933b97b2_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5597764688_1ee56dfc6a_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I ratherv like #3 with the soft darker shadow area cover the bird creating a sense of seclusion.

No 4 for me. Really dont care much for 3 too many oof highlights in front of the subject.
1 and 2 look a little dark, just need pepping up in photoshop really.

Well that's convinced me it's worth a trip over, really like them Gordon, hard to choose a favorite but the in flight one is a beauty :clap:

Thanks to all for the comments they are much appreciated.

nice set gordon ..did you see any puffins pal
atb ian

Hi Ian. no there was no sign of the Puffins.

Nice set of shots, what lens were you using to pull them in.

Hi Ken, the lens I use is a Canon EF 500mm f/4 and the static birds were taken using a 1.4 TC.

Regards: Gordon

No 3 for me as well. The blue eye rings are just make these birds extra special :clap:

Got a few days booked for Bempton in early June and really looking forward to visiting again :woot:

Di

A great set of shots (y) 3 and 4 for me (y)

Regards

Richard

Thank's to all for the comments, and I am sure that those who are planning a visit to Bempton will be rewarded with some great shots. Just make sure the birds are there before you visit because it can depend upon the time of year and the breeding season.

great set , went there a couple of times last year, a wonderful place

Lovely set Gordon and I was also attracted to #3 (y) Not in that way though :nono:

Back