Garden Safari

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Thought it was about time I tackled the wilderness that is my back garden.

Two problems:

1. I spent more time taking pictures than clearing the garden.
2. So far this year I've been missing focus way more often than previously.

Solutions:

1. Don't worry about it; the garden's not going anywhere.
2. A +1 viewfinder dioptre. Huge improvement. I'm back to missing focus only about 75% of the time. :)

These were all taken with Raynox 250 attached.

DSC_3470 by simon ess, on Flickr

DSC_3540 by simon ess, on Flickr

DSC_3681 by simon ess, on Flickr

DSC_3617 by simon ess, on Flickr

Simon - My timing is right checking new posts on the Macro section & glad I did as you have a stunning set here makes me want to get myself into gear to get up closer with the environment - a very well done to you (y)(y)(y)

I agree with John, a stunning set, i really need to invest in something macro, your little write up did make me chuckle lots though:D(y)

Thanks folks - very much appreciated.

Have to say, I don't feel I'm fully back in the groove yet. Early days though.

Oh - and I did get some of the garden cleared. More tomorrow.

Ggrrrrr- just stop it man. Post some rubbish ones. Anything - just stop giving me GAS :(

Excellent set as always btw

Beautiful light
Love them all but the first one is special a perfect angle:)

Brilliant series. All are great compositions and some very interesting subjects. That 2nd one looks unusual. Not sure I have seen one before (possibly a Heleomyzid fly)? The 3rd looks to be the same family as one I've just posted (Muscidae).

Love the wolf spider too. Excellent work!

Thanks Nick.
Don't tell anyone, but I already reduced highlights. :oops: :$ The fact is I messed up the lighting a bit. As I said above, I haven't really got back in the groove yet - too many mistakes.

Great shots, and this is what I love about macro - you don't have to go far to get great images.

Back