Genova Aquarium

Edit My Images
Yes
I have had these shots for a while but only just got round to popping them online. They are not my normal sort of shots but loaded with a camera it was hard to resist playing around in Genova Aquarium. It was my first time really playing at higher ISO's and really was a relative newbie to shooting at the time.

Critique welcome.

1 - Jellyfish

Jellyfish by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

2 - Jellyfish

Removed

3 - Jellyfish

Jellyfish by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

4 - Dolphin

Dolphin by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

5 - Sea Cucumber

Sea Cucumber by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

6 - Tube Dwelling Anemones.... not Sea Urchins :bonk:

Sea Urchins by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

7 - Green Snake

Green Snake by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

Comments welcomed. :)

Last edited:
Looks like a good job in difficult circumstances. If its anything like london aquarium, the glass was dirty and scratched and the lighting less than optimal! 1 and 3 are the stand out shots though.

Thanks for the comments Menthel. Lighting certainly was not ideal nor was the glass but happy I got a few usable shots. I'd love to go to London Aquarium actually, I'll add it to my list of endless things I need to do next time Im down.

Its not bad. Unfortunatley we went at the same time as a very large party of school children and it was a bit of a pain in the bum.

Its not bad. Unfortunatley we went at the same time as a very large party of school children and it was a bit of a pain in the bum.

I'd image that would be. I found my self in a very fortunate situation where the aquarium (apparently second largest in Europe) was not very busy at all. So much so that I spent creeping on for a hour 'playing' with a seal and still not getting a single shot in focus of him. More than anything the peace was wonderful as it can be a very dreamy escape.

Back