Georgia 2 B+W added

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
not really tryed much on portrature, this was taken in front of french windows in the lounge using natural light. any tips and crit appreciated. have done levels adjust and not much else.

1 small crop from original.
georgiablanket.jpg

2 closer crop.
georgiablanket2.jpg

cheers Neil

Last edited:
I like the crop very much, the light is superb against the skin.

quick try at 2 B+W which one? not used to processing in B+W used elements 3 for image A. and gimp for image B big differance in processing the same image.

A.
georgiablanketbw2.jpg

B.
georgiablanketbw.jpg

typical something between the two. I must agree looking at them again, not enough detail in the highlights on second one, first one a little too dark. would you play with contract and brightness after conversion to B+W or before?

This is by no means perfect but along the lines of what I would want to do.

I have seen some coversions which use a filter on photoshop (infrared perhaps) which makes the blacks / greys darker. I've been unable to achieve that with this.

The image is sharper and the contrast is slightly lower to avoid the blown highlights on her forehaed and nose.

georgiablanket2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I definatly need to spend time working out what can be done with photoshop. I only really use levels and some of the quick fixes. with work, 2 young kids, woodworking theres not much time left in a week.

Back