Getting shafted......

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
The average price of the cheapest tickets across English football has risen at almost twice the rate of the cost of living since 2011. :mad:

No wonder when Rooney and co. get the huge weekly pay for kicking a bloody ball about....:eek:

Just saying.....

I'll think you'll find they are getting that money because of the TV revenue which for most clubs is more than gate revenue. Also last season saw the least unsold tickets at Premier League clubs ever with crowds averaging 95% of capacity.

The last football match I attended was Everton vs Coventry in 1998 (I think) at Goodison park......and I don't support either:D

I think I paid £4 at the gate.....:eek:

on a side note the rugby shirts are half the price.....Ulster rugby shirt.....£30 posted.....:D

Premiership football has become elitist,no longer can a family afford to go along every week & follow their team.
With all the money in football,I find it strange that the taxpayer has to fund the Olympic stadium conversion,& then give it to a football team at a subsidised rent.

save your ticket money and buy a push bike to annoy grumpy oap's like me :beer:

I like watching a game with a beer and having a bit of a laugh with opposing fans. Can't remember doing that with football. Much better sport too.

This is exactly the reason why I love Rugby, had several extreamly good trips down to fortress twickers...I even have fuzzy memories of a trip to Muddyfield (Murryfield)

I like watching a game with a beer and having a bit of a laugh with opposing fans. Can't remember doing that with football. Much better sport too.

I watch cricket for a similar reason, you can drink socially all day, mingle quite happily with opposing fans and generally have a great day out, not 90 mins of prima donna crap [well, unless KP is playing of course, though that usually amounts to less than 30 minutes ;) ]

Lots of happy memories of standing on the terraces watching RL when it was played in winter. Fans were mixed and the only arguing was if a fan got a bit rowdy and swore only to be reminded by the others fans that there were kids in the stand.

Before anyone says I know it's slightly different now :(

Lots of happy memories of standing on the terraces watching RL when it was played in winter. Fans were mixed and the only arguing was if a fan got a bit rowdy and swore only to be reminded by the others fans that there were kids in the stand.

Before anyone says I know it's slightly different now :(

It's not changed that much, the games I go to, you can still have a beer in your seat and have some banter with opposition fans.

It's not changed that much, the games I go to, you can still have a beer in your seat and have some banter with opposition fans.
spot on, so much more civilised than pansyball.......;-)

So, out of interest to one who would never go to a football match in a month of Sundays ....

How much does it cost to watch footy these days?

I think they're on Saturdays... so Sunday would be a good day to go!

Steve.
Football is on 7 days a week,to supply the insatiable appetite of the television audience,cost of a premiership ticket?about £30 upwards,I understand Arsenal are about £50:eek:

I don't get how some players get so much money,especially English players. It amazes me that its the sport with most fans (probably) in this country yet our national players are so crap at it. I don't watch football unless England star doing well in the Euros or world cup, so very rarely, but I've seen enough to know its a really boring game to watch full of over paid pansies.

You can go and watch bike racing for a day for the same price or less than a 90 minute game and normally a lot more happens. And when those guys come off at over 100 mph they get up and run to their bike to try and get going again. One motor gp guy, Lorenzo, was back on a bike within a couple of weeks of braking his leg. Yet a footballer gets a tap on his ankle and he rools around like its just been shot. Bike racers do get a good money but I don't think its as much as footballers, but I recon racers deserve it more.

99% footballers are cheats and its coached into them at a very young age, when my lad was 14 he had a full summer with Huddersfields academy, he was an up and coming goalie, he finished the course as top keeper in the 14-17 year group, he ws told that a keeper coming out for the ball should always get the ball or the player. needless to say he quit playing.

99% footballers are cheats and its coached into them at a very young age,

Probably about the same time as natural talent is coached out of them.

99% footballers are cheats and its coached into them at a very young age
Absolute rubbish (although. I agree with viv that stuff can be coached out with the wrong coaches)- poor standard of coaches may go down that route but there is no way that cheating is coached into youngsters.

Wouldn't the best way to boycott this to just not go?

Could always get a dog, or go cycling or horse riding instead :grin: seriously though, it is a shame however voting with your feet is the best kind of protest.

Absolute rubbish (although. I agree with viv that stuff can be coached out with the wrong coaches)- poor standard of coaches may go down that route but there is no way that cheating is coached into youngsters.
Talk sense, i saw and heard it with my own eyes and ears and its the only reason neither of my now grown up boys dont play football, the coach directly responsible for their coaching player professionally in goal for Huddersfield Town for over 10 years and is still part of their coaching set up today, my old school teacher called Rod Smith also played professionally for Huddersfield and at school he said that borderline tactics (cheating) was taught to youngsters back in his time, it was a way of sorting the men from the boys so to speak, sorting those who would take to the field and win at any cost.

99% footballers are cheats and its coached into them at a very young age, when my lad was 14 he had a full summer with Huddersfields academy, he was an up and coming goalie, he finished the course as top keeper in the 14-17 year group, he ws told that a keeper coming out for the ball should always get the ball or the player. needless to say he quit playing.
Twas ever the same,45 years ago I went for the ball,if I got the player as well,it was a bonus.

If they can get the bums on the seats they will keep raising the prices.

Wouldn't the best way to boycott this to just not go?

Could always get a dog, or go cycling or horse riding instead :grin: seriously though, it is a shame however voting with your feet is the best kind of protest.
This is the same with anything, but the problem is getting enough people do it. If they double the price and 25% less people come they are still quids in. But you will always get people that will go no matter.

but think of all the skin moisteuriser they need after rolling around on the grass for no reason for 90 mins. They have to fund it somehow!

Talk sense, i saw and heard it with my own eyes and ears and its the only reason neither of my now grown up boys dont play football, the coach directly responsible for their coaching player professionally in goal for Huddersfield Town for over 10 years and is still part of their coaching set up today, my old school teacher called Rod Smith also played professionally for Huddersfield and at school he said that borderline tactics (cheating) was taught to youngsters back in his time, it was a way of sorting the men from the boys so to speak, sorting those who would take to the field and win at any cost.
Sorry but I am talking sense. I'm very close to a first class academy and have been for the last 9 years. I can assure you at the top clubs cheating certainly isn't taught.

Supply and demand. I support Arsenal, the most expensive club. I can't get or afford tickets to take my son, so we watch Cambridge instead - but instead of moaning you need to look at it as a business which they are. Arsenal sell out every game so their pricing is realistic, maybe too cheap.

Remember that many here on the business thread moan about Uncle Bobs, and customers not valuing the product... what about the years football players spent learning their craft etc...

Premiership football is the best in the world.

Sorry but I am talking sense. I'm very close to a first class academy and have been for the last 9 years. I can assure you at the top clubs cheating certainly isn't taught.
Sorry but it is, diving in the box is taught at an early age, its now an actual skill to do it right and get away with it. Obviously Klinsmann didnt have a good coach. LOL

Even when i played footy at school Rod Smith told us that if a player beat us we had to feign that we had been struck or had been held back by having our shirts tugged at, you see this sort of cheating at EVERY SINGLE PREMIERSHIP GAME and they dont even care that their every single move is being scrutinised by over 40 cameras.

The game is corrupt

Last edited:
No it's not- stop talking rubbish
You must have lead a very sheltered upbringing

Like i say, my son was told to get the ball or get the man because referees always over protect goalies, he was told to do this by one of the very best youth coaches in the country.

Last edited:
I would have serious misgivings about any academy, in any sport, that did not teach about maximising tactical advantage through creative use of the rules of the game and utilising the limitations of the officials.

Seems a no brainer to me.

On ticket prices - simple market forces. If grounds are full, they're probably not charging enough.

Last edited:
I would have serious misgivings about any academy, in any sport, that did not teach about maximising tactical advantage through creative use of the rules of the game and utilising the limitations of the officials.
Maximising tactical advantage and cheating are two different things. Cheating is not taught

Yes it is, it was taught to my son and 20 other 14-17 year old youth goalkeepers, my was was awarded the best in the whole age group by the 4 coaches but because he chose not to "cheat" he wasn't offered a place in the academy, there were 4 academy places up for grabs and those places went to the kids who were most complient with what the head coach wanted them to do.

Last edited:
You are very sad. I know what I am talking about and cheating/ diving is not taught at any top academy. there are without doubt footballers who cheat and dive but, it is not taught.

Mind explaining how you know this to not be true?

Back