Gigrins leucistic Kite (and a red)

Wow, that leucistic kite looks fantastic. Nice and sharp, good aspect on the picture, and an awesome looking bird.

If I were to offer anything on the red, I'd say the sharpness is spot on, but the frame is awfully (too) tight (plus you've *just* clipped the wingtips).

Great shot of the red kite there were a few of these on a lake in france i was at but never managed to get a usable shot, great job (y)

You are probably right as i must admit the wings are a big feature on the kite ....i just liked the sweeping movement that seems to be exagerated with the tight frame ,thanks for the comment CC always welcome.

With the exception of the previously mentioned crop on the red they are both very nice shots. Love the wing action on the red.

The first is a corker Den (y) Have to agree with the other comments re#2 was the wing clipped in the original?

#1 is fabulous, then again so is the second...I can only aspire to shots like this!!

To be honest , i did clip the wing on the red.....thought i may have got away with it ,but one as to be ruthless and i should have deleted it but something just stopped me.........

To be honest , i did clip the wing on the red.....thought i may have got away with it ,but one as to be ruthless and i should have deleted it but something just stopped me.........

Fair enough Den, I cannot find subject distance in the exif. Cannot imagine is was miles away due to the location, if I were you I would give yourself a little bit more room if possible, the crop factor of the 7D is a powerful tool in it`s own right.

Fair enough Den, I cannot find subject distance in the exif. Cannot imagine is was miles away due to the location, if I were you I would give yourself a little bit more room if possible, the crop factor of the 7D is a powerful tool in it`s own right.
Apart from agreeing with the other comments there isn't a lot I can add, I do like them both though even with the slight clipping which is a shame. The birds there cover a large area, sometime a 400 is far too long, other times even 500 wasnt big enough for good detailed shots. You have to make a choice of lens and do the best you can, selecting a bird that looks like its at the right distance and follow it hoping it doesnt come too close or too far away. The leucistic was there when I went but didnt get anywhere near enough to grab a decent shot. Well done with what you have taken (y)

Back