Girl in the Red Dress

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
No
Took these last year as part of a college project, didn't go exactly to plan since it was absolutely baltic on the shoot and my poor model almost froze to death. The whole idea was to do a shoot in an old abandoned building with her in a more formal dress than this but after searching through many a charity shop for something suitable this was the best I could get. Was happy enough with these shots but they weren't exactly what I had planned on getting. Just goes to show that we have to work with what's available and make the best of a situation no matter what (y)

Any comments/criticisms are appreciated and thanks for looking :)

1)
_MG_1874_new_websize3 by smfcfan, on Flickr

2)
_MG_1873_websize_new by smfcfan, on Flickr

Love the lighting but I'm finding the background too intrusive. I have done aquick toned version - but your info says you do not allow edits.

Thanks for the comment, didn't realise I had denied edits, changed it now so feel free to post what you've done :)

OK may not be your taste but I think it brings the girl 'out' more
132323096.jpg

Appreciated Gary, I think it does make her stand out a wee bit more and I did feel that the light patches in the background of the original were possibly a bit of a distraction tbh. I think that the edit would probably work better if the vibrancy and/or saturation was left in the model though but I take your point about the background and I think maybe a shallower DOF might have helped. Thanks for taking the time to comment and edit :)

I like the 1st pic better than the 2nd head on pic. I've tried an edit myself:

5420708970_307428c1fc_b.jpg

Nice work, but the poor girl looks frozen in the first shot.

Sorry for the late reply, been having internet 'issues' for a while now but I've now got the TP iphone app so I should be able to keep a bit more up to date.

I agree that she does look frozen and she was in fact frozen, took me ages to get the goosebumps semi-successfully hidden in photoshop. Top tip, don't go out in freezing temperatures with a scantily clad model ;) lol

Back