Glasgow At Night

Name
Fraser
Edit My Images
Yes
First time using my new ND Filter Set and managed to get out for a quick play last night.

Only managed to get a couple of images but quite happy with the results giving that i wasnt using any wide angle lenses, only the 18-55mm Kit Lens.

IMG_6036
by fraserjones29, on Flickr

Glasgow at night

IMG_6043

Let me know what i could improve on as this is my first ever city long exposures :)

Cheers

Really nice set love the tones of colours in the sky and the buildings.

The skies very purple in one and Shame the river was t said. That said you've held the highlights back really well and the exposure is bang on.

Nice idea with two but you are a bit off from being perpendicular to the shore but not enough to be oblique.

Three you're at a properly oblique angle.

Don't worry about the lens. Wide angle isn't everything and you've filled the frame up nicely by not having such wide angles available ;)

You've mentioned grads. All ill say is you've used them well and exposure wise well worth it here. Lets see you back here when the rivers still for reflections.

Last edited:
Very nice lovely colour in the sky

Really nice set love the tones of colours in the sky and the buildings.
The skies very purple in one and Shame the river was t said. That said you've held the highlights back really well and the exposure is bang on.

Nice idea with two but you are a bit off from being perpendicular to the shore but not enough to be oblique.

Three you're at a properly oblique angle.

Don't worry about the lens. Wide angle isn't everything and you've filled the frame up nicely by not having such wide angles available ;)

You've mentioned grads. All ill say is you've used them well and exposure wise well worth it here. Lets see you back here when the rivers still for reflections.

Thank you very much for the well explained comments mate, yeah it was very windy so the river was flowing pretty fast. I'll take note of the angles though, and hopefully improve on them in the future :)

The grads i bought about a fortnight ago and this was the first i had used them. Very beneficial i must say!

Thank you very much!
Very nice lovely colour in the sky

Thanks mate! :)

Back