Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
I spent a week and Glasgow and having not lived there for many years i had to get out and shoot the stunning city, Let me know what you Think.

All imagesTaken with a Canon 6d with a Canon 24-105 f4 l and a Cokin ND Filter on a Vanguard Tripod

1. Taken from the squinty bridge (Clyde Arc) of the famous scottish landmarks
SECC Sunset.jpg

2. Long exposure shot using a Tiffen ND 10 stop Filter to help smooth out the River Clyde
Glasgow long.jpg

3. The city under the days last light
Sunset.jpg

4. A reservoir in the town of Milngavie on a beautiful night where the sky just lit up for me.
_MG_1396.jpg

I really like these. Very moody and dark with lovely skies and that unmistakable silhouette.

I'd prefer to have seen 3 shot a little wider to get the whole of the armadillo in, but then there may be a reason you haven't done so? Just looks a little strange being cut in half.

All in all you had a good trip I'd say :)

I really like these. Very moody and dark with lovely skies and that unmistakable silhouette.

I'd prefer to have seen 3 shot a little wider to get the whole of the armadillo in, but then there may be a reason you haven't done so? Just looks a little strange being cut in half.

All in all you had a good trip I'd say :)

Hi Ian

Thanks for the feedback, I shot it wider but it lost all the atmosphere i was going for with the shot, I had to use the zoom on the 24-105 to catch the dramatic light from the sun, I could have repositioned but as your aware light changes so quickly it was shot before i could re adjust to catch the scene. Thanks for the feedback to help me continue to improve in my shooting.

I dunno about helping you improve, just a beginner myself tbh but always good to have a second set of eyes on your shots.

#2 is the pick for me btw. Lovely colours.

Fantastic set, love the composition and pp..but my eye is drawn to, your rather large, watermark and that somewhat spoils the experience for me!

Robin

Fantastic set, love the composition and pp..but my eye is drawn to, your rather large, watermark and that somewhat spoils the experience for me!

Robin

Thanks Robin, It need to be there though with the amount of people who can screenshot and capture images i put it on every shot i post to any site, Try looking beyond the watermark as its an artificial addition to the image :) ;);)

Thanks Robin, It need to be there though with the amount of people who can screenshot and capture images i put it on every shot i post to any site, Try looking beyond the watermark as its an artificial addition to the image :) ;);)
Hi Craig..I understand the reason a watermark is added, but to what avail..whats stopping me right clicking, saving as, then crop out the watermark? btw the link to your website don't work (hope I haven't let a cat out of a bag!)

Robin

Hi Craig..I understand the reason a watermark is added, but to what avail..whats stopping me right clicking, saving as, then crop out the watermark? btw the link to your website don't work (hope I haven't let a cat out of a bag!)

Robin

The images are very small i adjusted them in Photoshop so if that happens they wnt be big enough to use but also gets a little idea of who took the shot when i post it. Its the way i set up Lightroom.

For me No1 is underexposed and sadly you have cropped the reflection of the crane. You may say that is the widest lens I have so could not include which is wrong and you should done a panoramic stitch which can be vertical in necessary.

For me the water and clouds in 1 & 3 lack any highlights and are flat in 1 the shadows are lifted too much.

The 4th one is definitely my favourite !
+ I agree with the comment made about the watermark

I love the colours they give your images a moody look, which suites Glasgow.

Back