Critique Glen Orchy - Stillness on Loch Tulla

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
It is no stranger I am partial to still water, clear reflections and wonderful mountains. To me, they instill calmness and tranquility and are the must shoot in any landscape. I know for a fact I'd have shot none of these had Loch Tulla NOT been still.

My mate was driving me home, and I saw this and begged him to stop. The light, reflections I knew made for a wonderful chance to capture the feel of the area and somewhere I hadn't shot before.

1. _DSC3556 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

2. _DSC3560 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

3. _DSC3570 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

4. _DSC3567 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

5. _DSC3573 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice set. In the first two the fence cutting in from the left border a little awkward (best phrase I can think of for now). The last three are lovely and if I had to pick one, probably the last as it has the best light for me.

Reactions: ST4
Hi Steve, What a lovely set of landscape images I like them all very much and envy your location. It's strange how different photographers have favorites for one reason or another and some like something in an image when the next person doesn't. It certainly wouldn't do for us all to be the same. As I said I like them all very much but if I had to choose a favorite I personally would go for #3. I like the small rocks in the forground area, the way the clouds leave room for the mountain on the right, the lovely reflections in the water and the slightly more contrast.(y)

Only my opinion of coarse.

George.

A lovely set with 2 and 5 my faves with 5 being the pick as there's a symmetry with the reflection of the land and trees, well done.

I guess a polariser would diminish the reflections perhaps?

(y)cracking set Steve. I recon you must live in the most sheltered place in the country. Never even a ripple in your shots haha :D

Last edited:
(y)cracking set Steve. I recon you must live in the most sheltered place in the country. Never even a ripple in your shots haha :D

I'm just choosy in the conditions I shoot in. I wasn't planning on this bit the stillness and lighting made it a must shoot. If it hadn't been still they'd look pants. All I'd do is make a metal note to return

I'm just choosy in the conditions I shoot in. I wasn't planning on this bit the stillness and lighting made it a must shoot. If it hadn't been still they'd look pants. All I'd do is make a metal note to return
Well you do a good job of choosing the right days/times :). I very limited with time to get out and I really cant remember the last time I did and there wasn't a bloomin wind howling lol

Lovely work, I think I prefer the ones with no fence but would have been happy to take any of them:)

Lovely set Steve no5 would be my pick..Great reflections and balanced exposure.. Have you accessed Tulla by going over the Bridge of Orchy and down towards the Hotel ? .

Lovely set Steve no5 would be my pick..Great reflections and balanced exposure.. Have you accessed Tulla by going over the Bridge of Orchy and down towards the Hotel ? .

Exactly. Turn off at BoO and over the bridge. This is the western end of Loch Tulla and will be a great autumn morning shoot

And is Rich is supposed to know he has no licence Jake ?, first thing that sprung to mind, just saying. so why do you not have a ? Steve lol

Last edited:
And is Rich supposed to know he has no licence Jake ?, first thing that sprung to mind, just saying.

Cheers-it's ok. I've spoke with Rich on pm. Sure it's come up where I offered a lend of a Ziess for a lift- problem is geography I'm afraid. Rich is closer to you than me so even the lens wouldn't tempt him to driving me.

Last edited:
Back