Glencoe 2010 - Glen Etive

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Due to failing to climb Buachaille Etive Mor we went exploring around Glen Etive instead, found this perfect spot for a few shots....

GlenEtive1.jpg

GlenEtive2s.jpg

#3 B+W ND110
GlenEtive3.jpg

GlenEtive4s.jpg

#5 B+W ND110
GlenEtive5s.jpg

Thanks for looking, please let me know what you think?

Mike

I cannot pick a favourite.

Each and every one is beautifully executed.. thanks for sharing

Wow, these are fantastic. Its such a gorgeous area and you've captured it perfectly and catching them with nice weather makes them pretty unique! Think this only happens once a year...

Number one I think is my favourite, but 2 and 3 are brilliant - and interesting to see the difference in using the filter - colours look spot on for the filter shot. Think the light on the mountain in the background makes me prefer number 3 to 2 though.

Nice work!
Fred

Lovely location and nice compositions but there are a few issues for me.

There's some strong vignetting or something going on in I think just in the 10 stop filter shots - eg in the bottom right corner of no 3.

The 10 stop shots are also look like they are showing the Magenta cast that the filter has.

No 2 looks too contrasty to me - and there seems to be some flare or something in the sky (in the middle).

They also all look very slightly soft to me.

Sorry to be critical.

I cannot pick a favourite.

Each and every one is beautifully executed.. thanks for sharing

Cheers, glad you liked them

Wow, these are fantastic. Its such a gorgeous area and you've captured it perfectly and catching them with nice weather makes them pretty unique! Think this only happens once a year...

Number one I think is my favourite, but 2 and 3 are brilliant - and interesting to see the difference in using the filter - colours look spot on for the filter shot. Think the light on the mountain in the background makes me prefer number 3 to 2 though.

Nice work!
Fred

Cheers for the comments, it really is a Jaw droppingly stunning place to visit, would love to go on nothing but a photography trip rather than just a few i managed while there. The 10 stopper is great for bright sunny days although when used with ND Grads it does give a magenta cast which im slowly learning to deal with in Adobe Camera Raw

A lovely set...I think #s 2 & 4 are my favourite...and 5...

I love the area so great to see these, and they do the area justice :clap:

Thanks, really is an awesome place

Lovely location and nice compositions but there are a few issues for me.

There's some strong vignetting or something going on in I think just in the 10 stop filter shots - eg in the bottom right corner of no 3.

The 10 stop shots are also look like they are showing the Magenta cast that the filter has.

No 2 looks too contrasty to me - and there seems to be some flare or something in the sky (in the middle).

They also all look very slightly soft to me.

Sorry to be critical.

No need to be sorry, thanks for you honest opinions on these.

Must admit i never even noticed the strip missing from the shot on #3 until you mentioned it lol Maybe from straighten/crop as well as vignetting :shrug:

The filter especially when using Hitech ND Grads to expose the sky will normally give a megenta cast, i am trying hard and slowly managing to get closer to correcting the white balance more accurately but its not as easy as you may think :bang:

Yeah there appears to be a tiny bit of flare on #2 which again i hadnt noticed, its so hard to see sometime when you are going through so many shots at a time, think you start going blind :LOL:

Oh and soft, yeah thats photobucket for ye, the High Res versions are all pin sharp!

Thanks

love 2,great work(y)

Cheers

#2 and #5 stand out for me in an excellent set (y)

Again Cheers

Lovely set there, #4 is my stand-out winner, it's the colours, particularly the sky that do it for me.

Back