Wild Glencoe again .

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Sorry i always seem to post Glencoe images here, unfortunately it's not far from me so i spend a bit of time there when i can !

Buachaille Pano by Chris Marr, on Flickr

Gorgeous Glencoe by Chris Marr, on Flickr

I have always wanted to get my own version of the Buachaille pano and it's not perfect but its a start ! The forecast had been for clouds and sunny spells and i had hoped for a bit more cover but i shouldn't start complaining about the sun being out !

Cheers

Both lovely but #1 just edges it for me as the lighting looks great across the whole shot, whereas in 2 it's more obvious on the mountain. Would have been proud to have taken either though (y)

Wow, it's plain that I don't dip into this forum thread often enough to see inspiration, motivation and excellence.
Simply love both images.
The lighting, composition and colours are great.
I'd be thrilled to have either in my portfolio, but don't get much chance of the mountains in Lincolnshire...!

Compositionally, lighting and subject wise these are great.

I suspect they are oversharpened or are displaying wrong here. The fringing in one is visible on the far hills on the RHS. The Buchaile in two is sizably fringing/CA and the sky looks off. Why is it suddenly darker to one side of the cloud than the other above the hill.

As Steve said - there is something going on with the processing.

That said - I've a soft sport for number 1 as it's one of my favourite viewpoints - Looks like a jaunt up Beinn a'Chrulaiste ?

I agree with ST4. A little bit over processed which is a shame because the composition is superb. I'd love to see these when you've had another go at them.

I'm viewing on the phone right now, but I ddon't tire if shots like these.

Love both of these shots, your lucky to have such beautifull scenery on your doorstep.

Both shots are great, especially the composition in 2. I would say the blue of the sky in 2 is a bit over the top but nothing you can't reduce I am sure.

I dont think you need to apologise - most of us dont get to see such a stunning view - I really like both of those, you've brought scale to both images with vehicles in the first and the little house in the 2nd - they'd be on my wall, beautiful.

Back