Glowing Grasmere

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
I headed down to Ambleside on Saturday evening to shoot sunset at the top of Windermere but I just couldn't find a composition that worked for me. We quickly headed over to Grasmere, dumped the car at the edge of the road and headed down to the shore. The water was near still and the sun was glowing on the clouds giving some lovely tones.

Glowing Grasmere by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

It might be the lay of the land but it looks skew. Good light and great reflection. Was there anyway to get down to the shore line to find a different foreground or go for a 50:50 pure reflection
Definitely level, using the in camera level and a spirit level (y).
There was indeed, but I wanted the wildflower foreground. It wasn't calm enough to work without FG interest.
I like it as it is, esxposure control is excellent, the foreground almost looks lit.

Lovely.
Thanks Joe! Definitely not been lit - one exposure using a 0.6 HE grad IIRC! :)

Reactions: ST4
I like the foreground just fine.
I'd probably be tempted to crop a bit off the sky, to put the horizon closer to the third. I think it would balance the shot more.

I like the foreground just fine.
I'd probably be tempted to crop a bit off the sky, to put the horizon closer to the third. I think it would balance the shot more.
Thanks Marie, I agree, and ordinarily I would try and get it on the thirds, but the colour in the sky was too good to lose in my opinion.
I try not to get caught up on the rules too much.

Back