Go Karting for fun

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
My son went Go Karting while on holiday. I have never done fast action shots before so these are my 1st. The carts were going very fast!

1:

2:

I think you've got the composition bang on but I get no sense of motion...
Must admit I thought they were waiting for the off....till I saw the pedal placements :thinking:

Family fun shots though and #22 needs to be looking where he's going :D

it really does look as though they are waiting for the off. nice shots though, you have just inspired me :)

Nice shots Andy and i am sure your son will love them, i am guessing your son was number 22 in the first pic as he is the only one making eye contact with you(y)

Nice shots Andy and i am sure your son will love them, i am guessing your son was number 22 in the first pic as he is the only one making eye contact with you(y)

Actually no, he is not in either of these as he was on his own out there most of the time. I wanted to get group shots but as said it does look like they were waiting to start.

How can i get the sense of motion? What should i have done?

How can i get the sense of motion? What should i have done?
As low a shutter speed as you can comfortably handle,something around 1/250 and pan the vehicle,even after taking the shot
Should provide some background/wheel blur....but must admit I don't think karts provide the best wheels for blurring

Lovely thanks :)

Back