Go On.............Just Huck It, See What Happens

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I took a few of the comments and crit from the last pics i put up and tried to follow some of them. I came out with this, my friend Ben, Hop onto the bench, Hop Tailwhip Off. Hope you like it C&C Welcome(y)

Hommell Hop Whip Drop

3125779346_c1322ddfbf.jpg

Strobist Info: Cobra 400D@100%, Below Right Of Rider, Aimed Up 45Degrees, Using DIY Beauty Dish, Fired With EBAY Slaves.

87 views and only one comment?

Liking your stuff and the off camera lighting. It's a great move and you've captured the right moment.

I just can't help feeling it needs a little extra something? Obviously the light on the day was pretty flat and the background is just a little, erm, uninteresting. Also the angle you took the shot makes it look like the back wheel is on the bench - which obviously it isn't...

Just wonder if the shot was taken at a slightly lower angle ( reducing the background and showing the distance between the bench and bike) would have been better?

87 views and only one comment?

Happens around here a lot mate.:thinking:

Thanks for the comments and the constructive crit. I did think it might look a little flat due to the dull grey sky. I know what you mean about the angle aswell. I'm trying lots of different things at the moment, so i'll add your thoughts to my memory notepad, and give 'em a try next time i'm out. Thanks again.(y)

something doesn't work for me about the perspective, it looks like the bike is pretty much touching the bench even though I'm sure it's not (if that makes sense). Also the background is a little to nice, needs some grafiti scrawled concret walls to create that urban look. The lighting is great though.

I like it. Sharp as a pin, great angle, fab lighting. Agree about the bg though, needs more gnarl.

Andy

Unfortunately i know nothing about lighting, but to my that's a nice image, It shows the rider in a "Mid-Trick" position which is always nice to see. Rather then the borring pictures of there take or or landing (unless they have fell)

I'd say well done

Hi nice attempt although I think you need more seperation between the bike and the bench/seat. I also think the rider is too tight in the frame. Just my 2c worth hope you dont mind?
Ricky

mate i think its sick... nice one :D

Obviously would be nicer of a box or a stair set but it works

whats a beauty dish?
Great pic btw

Just a posh name for a diffuser of sorts:LOL:. It spreads the light by bouncing it off a mirror that faces the flash, then into a reflective cone shaped dish (mine does anyway), this gives nice subtle light, that still gives a strong effect. HTH(y)

Cheers for the comments peeps, i know what you mean about the BG, we were shooting at the local college so there wasn't a lot to choose from:shrug:

I really like it, agree that the left foot slightly too close to the edge - but that is just me being really picky.

Nice shot

Back