Going to Hong Kong?

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
Hi there. Going to HK - will be stopping over for 48 hours. Any tips - kit wise- what to take, I mean, best spots? Thanks for looking. :D

Last edited:
Wow, talk about post no information expect lots back?!

It would help, as a minimum, if you actually mentioned what kit you have!!

Last edited:
HK is great for photography, went there about 12 years ago - worth going on the kowloon ferry and going up the peak, but the whole of HK is really interesting - have a look at "digital rev tv" on youtube to see what HK is like.

Fast 35mm equivalent and a gorilla pod should cover you for pretty much everything in HK

Jealous! I spent a fortnight in Malaysia recently and it's given me a real taste for travel!

Enjoy and just take whatever allows you to capture whatever you see - don't spend all your time changes lenses or looking at the back of your camera!

I'd go with a good quality 28mm prime - nice and wide yet not heavy & bulky for packing/carrying.

Thanks - I have one of those. Don't have a gorilla tripod - will look into that. I saw in one of the other threads the great views from the Peak so will definitely get up there...
:)

Wow, talk about post no information expect lots back?!

It would help, as a minimum, if you actually mentioned what kit you have!!

Really? I thought that's what we did on here, give back. It was a simple request.... :thinking:

Take the Kowloon - Hong Kong Island Star Ferry across the harbour and then a trip on the tram up to the top of The Peak. Late afternoon, towards dusk is good.

Take the cable car the Big Buddah and then the bus down to Tai O.

The Night Market is good fun, 'You want copy watchy?', and has plenty of photo opportunities, though hang onto your kit!

Take the Kowloon - Hong Kong Island Star Ferry across the harbour and then a trip on the tram up to the top of The Peak. Late afternoon, towards dusk is good.

Take the cable car the Big Buddah and then the bus down to Tai O.

The Night Market is good fun, 'You want copy watchy?', and has plenty of photo opportunities, though hang onto your kit!

THanks - that will help with planning our couple of days out. I have heard that you also have to hang on to your plastic as well.... :)

I have heard that you also have to hang on to your plastic as well.... :)

In more than one sense! A lot to buy and some acquisitive fingers (though we had only amazingly good experiences).

Not sure whether it will be worth your time, but get an Octopus card (http://www.octopus.com.hk/home/en/index.html) when you arrive, load some cash onto it and then put your credit card somewhere safe. You can use the Octopus card in a whole lot of places including the ferry and McDonalds (handy for a quick meal if you arrive at silly o'clock and haven't got your bearings).

Back