Goldfinch and LBJ

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from this afternoon. The Dunnock has been in the wars as it keeps the weight off the left leg quite often, mind you if you could see the way the four of them are chasing each other about at breakneck speed it is no surprise.

IMG_9947_filtered.jpg

IMG_00572.jpg

Last edited:
Two excellent shots, Rich. Love the pose of the Dunnock.

Two super images great details, catchlight and colour and I love the clean background.

Quality shots Rich, the goldfinch is in perfect condition and lovely sharp eyes on both :clap:

I agree two super shots Rich, some great detail and colours. Both have posed well for you.

Regards: Gordon

They're gorgeous, sooo sharp! (y)

Thanks all for the comments. Kaz, they are buggers to get on the perch. I have four of them that are going around at the moment, they do spend most of their day on the ground though Kaz. I have noticed that they are quite happy to sit on top the Laurel hedge I have and watch from a distance, when things are quiet on the feeders I might get the odd one who will venture over, but never two at the same time :shrug: And when they do go on the perch it seems to be later in the day as opposed to morning time. Peanut Butter is their fave :) Btw it is his right leg not the left one which is giving him grief :D

Last edited:
You are right rich the dunnocks are always scratting about on the floor but will keep trying to tempt them with something nice, also the wren is about so going to get some mealworms to try and tempt him or her, unfortunately they haven t nested in my garden this year but they visit most days

You are right rich the dunnocks are always scratting about on the floor but will keep trying to tempt them with something nice, also the wren is about so going to get some mealworms to try and tempt him or her, unfortunately they haven t nested in my garden this year but they visit most days

Again the Wren is one that has avoided me for a long time now Kaz even though He/She comes in the garden. I have just finished installing my pond and dug out an 8ft x 6ft marsh area. I have a couple of old logs next to the waters edge and have planted some trees and sown the wild flower seeds. Shed is in position, so I just have to move the feeders down there now. It is about 60ft away from where they are now so it might take a while for them to get their confidence back. Just need to get a pile of dead branches and sticks to attract the Wren.

Again the Wren is one that has avoided me for a long time now Kaz even though He/She comes in the garden. I have just finished installing my pond and dug out an 8ft x 6ft marsh area. I have a couple of old logs next to the waters edge and have planted some trees and sown the wild flower seeds. Shed is in position, so I just have to move the feeders down there now. It is about 60ft away from where they are now so it might take a while for them to get their confidence back. Just need to get a pile of dead branches and sticks to attract the Wren.

good luck

Back