Gone a bit arty, C&C very welcome!

Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys and gals,
I tryed somthing a bit diffrent tonight. I would love some honest C&C on these, or if your as hacked off as me at the moment feel free to let it rip :wave:

Training2.jpg

Training.jpg

Ally

The colour balance looks a bit suspect Ally, unless that's part of your master plan? :D

Arty in what respect, the blurred figures? Definitely something to try I'd say, but perhaps fill the frame a little more with the blurred action?

The colour balance looks a bit suspect Ally, unless that's part of your master plan? :D

Arty in what respect, the blurred figures? Definitely something to try I'd say, but perhaps fill the frame a little more with the blurred action?

Thanks CT (y) I find the colour balance in that hall really hard, I don't think I've ever got a shot correct in there to this day (over 2 years now). I find it arty in that it’s not really me to do this; it’s a different style of shot. But I like it and I'm only just learning what can be accomplished.

I think you're onto something here. The colour balance looks a bit off for me too. I'm not going to start mentioning colour tints etc, because Im colour blind :)

As for the arty blurring.......(y)
They look good, especially with the other players being so static, and 'looking on'. It gives the impression that it's the shot of the match and all eyes are on the blurry players...time stops....all heads turn etc....the whistle's about to blow.....

The only thing that spoils it for me is that I think there's too much blur...the players aren't distinguished enough?

Regards

Looks a bit like Son T (high pressure sodium) lighting. It's supposed to give a colour balance the same as sun light. I can only figure thats a Kryptonion sun :nuts:

Try setting the WB in Kelvin Ally. (K showing on the top LCD panel then on the rear menu screen set the colour temp to it's lowest value - 2800K). I find that works well under tungsten light. Give it a try. :)

Also if you shoot raw(assuming you aren't already) you will have greater control voer the WB when you come to PP

Back