Gone back to film.

As you have only 142 posts maybe you could just join again under a new name.....of course best to contact admin that you are doing this.
That's a really good way to get both accounts banned brian. Chapeau, you've really excelled yourself there...

All sorted, big thanks to y'all and the admin. :)

Now to change my profile etc...

Feel free to call me Scott BTW, it being my name.

Are you still shooting mainly Ektar? The results are excellent.
For the main part, yes. Ultra-fine grain and I can have the sun in the frame and it won't kill the photo.

I have a few rolls of Portra that a friend has donated and I've used a single B/W Ilford too, but i prefer colour as you can make it B/W as opposed to the other way round.

On that note, I best order some more!

Sad that the Yashica has died, I dare say Miles could sort it out for you but with postage you’re probably looking at £75-80’ish to get it sorted if no parts need replacing.
That's bang on Nick, he did my 124G in March for £75 inc p&p

Last edited:
Haha!

Right, more Ektar ordered. Got one in the Mamiya ready, 3 x Portra 400's for trying something different (not cars!) so that's me for winter I reckon.

Will have to save up for processing again. I do have to say though, C41s have done all of mine to date (34 rolls to date) and they have been brilliant. Props to them for the service.

... I do have to say though, C41s have done all of mine to date (34 rolls to date) and they have been brilliant. Props to them for the service.

I hadn't heard of them. Process-only for C41 looks like £5 for 120 and £5.50 for 135. Process and scan is £10 for 120 and £14 for 135, which looks expensive, but they are very big scans: "6774px X 4492px" for 135 and "4760px X 4760px" for 120 6*6. That's over 4K ppi for the former and over 2K ppi for the latter. https://www.c41.co.uk . I didn't look at postage costs, but I think you get a "contact print" sheet, from what I can see.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of them. Process-only for C41 looks like £5 for 120 and £5.50 for 135. Process and scan is £10 for 120 and £14 for 135, which looks expensive, but they are very big scans: "6774px X 4492px" for 135 and "4760px X 4760px" for 120 6*6. That's over 4K ppi for the former and over 2K ppi for the latter. https://www.c41.co.uk . I didn't look at postage costs, but I think you get a "contact print" sheet, from what I can see.

I pay £8.33 + VAT for process and scan with them (per roll of 120). They send me a contact sheet, the negatives and all the images on a USB pen drive that I always send them with the films. Saves putting each roll on a different CD as they would normally do. Can't remember how much postage is but the more you send in one go, the more the postage cost is spread.

I think all of my Flickr Yashica uploads are the full high res images.

Last edited:
For the main part, yes. Ultra-fine grain and I can have the sun in the frame and it won't kill the photo.

I have a few rolls of Portra that a friend has donated and I've used a single B/W Ilford too, but i prefer colour as you can make it B/W as opposed to the other way round.

On that note, I best order some more!

Cheers for that. I used to shoot more Ektar but haven't used any for ages...I really need to change that, and get my Yashica 635 out again!

I've found 635s seem to 'like' Ektar for colour work and either XP2 400 (shot at 200 and developed for 400 if sunny) and Fuji Acros 100 (if you can get any). Ilford HP5 seems to give nice enough results too. Perhaps it's a contrast thing?

Some lovely pictures you have taken there, look forward to some results from the Mamiya.

Back