Gone to a dark place

Name
Terri
Edit My Images
Yes
never felt like this before.. please excuse my spelling... i think it would be easy for me just walk of the face of the earth.. my kids i think would have a better life and am i useless at just about everything else so can't even get a decent job no use to anyone.. my partner is great but has no idea how low i am...

i really do need that hi man if any one knows one...

Get to the Doctor ASAP. End of!!

What Brash said.

yeah i think you are both right.... but try it up here.. i'll try

I agree.
Go and speak to your doctor.
Book an extended appointment and let it all out.
One way or another they have many options with which to help you. The trick is to let them.

And in the meantime. ..Samaritans.

Last edited:
I know i have a friend on her way round she knows what is going on i was just worried to tell anyone.. but yes i am going to go to the doc's.. asap.. thank you all
Dunno what is causing this Terri, nor is it any of my business, but you need to get it off your chest and seek professional help. Speak to your friend tonight, but you must get to your GP ASAP.

Take care and I hope it sorts itself out for you.

Speak to your partner as well. If they have no idea how low you are, make it known to them

Terri your partner has to be the first person you speak to, you say they're great, well if thats true they would want to know. Speak to them and tell them how you feel, if you really dont think you can do that, then do as Ruth suggests speak to the samaritans. The docs are obviously essential but don't wait until you get an apppointment to sort this, speak to someone today.

Last edited:
Terri - the guys are right that you need medical help, but also well done for talking about it here. TP isn't a sympathetic place normally, but there's likely to be a few around who have suffered similarly.

Remember that although you may *feel* worthless and that your children would be better off without you, that isn't the case. These feelings can and will pass - hold on, do what you can that is good, healthy and productive.

If you want to talk directly then you're welcome to PM me.

Terri - the guys are right that you need medical help, but also well done for talking about it here. TP isn't a sympathetic place normally, but there's likely to be a few around who have suffered similarly.

Remember that although you may *feel* worthless and that your children would be better off without you, that isn't the case. These feelings can and will pass - hold on, do what you can that is good, healthy and productive.

If you want to talk directly then you're welcome to PM me.
Terri,
I'm one of the people who has and is suffering similarly. In the last 8 months I have lost five close family members and had a breakdown just before Xmas because of it. There were too many funerals and too much trying to be strong for others. Both my uncle and my step father killed themselves, and believe me, this does not make it easier for those that love you. I have considered it myself at times but then I realise that even though things are hard, they are so much worse for others. This is in no way meant to be condescending or patronising as I feel that I can probably understand how you feel.
I went to see my doctor, and adverse as I was to medication, anti-depressants have helped me enormously. The side effects like insomnia are not fun, but at least I feel that I am now me and making my own way again.

I know it is hard to talk to a stranger, but feel free to pm me,o r if you want to, call me. I will make my number available.
J

I'm really sorry you are feeling like this. As others have said book an appointment with your GP and give the Samaritans a call. By bottling everything up and not talking, things could only get worse. Please seek some help,

To add to what had been typed up in here, I'll give you a virtual hug even though I am a complete stranger in your eyes.

Thankfully, I don't really know what it's like to be in a dark place being properly depressed, but my mother had suffered with depression and anxiety for years after the breakdown of her marriage and had to be on medication and even admitted to an institution a few times. Looking back, it's fair to say that she didn't really handle the separation that well and thus it wasn't really much fun for me seeing mother being in a bad way.
That was in the 80's where there was more stigma attached to it, but today there are a lot more understanding and thus there are more options available to those who need it.

Incidentally, my mother is still about and is now too old to care too much about the bad things in life and instead is more chilled out these days.

I know how you feel...depression is i big dark cloud, even if everything is going all-right,it can still get to you...
I don't take medication, but you can get it from docs if wanted..
try doing something you like, when you are down,like going out with camera..i find this can help, it occupies you'r mind..
good luck, mark..

It can happen to anyone at any time and for no apparent reason but please take the above advice and seek help.

You've taken the first step by posting how you feel on here - but for gods sake talk to your partner , friend and above all a GP.
Good Luck with it

Just seen this.
Thinking about you, Terri :)

+ above. Most of us get into this situation, including me. No matter how bad you feel it is, there is a light at the end. Seeking help is the road to a better place. Im thimking of you. Keep us posted[emoji3]

Last edited:
I don't post often but reading this I felt I had too. I've been there a few years ago and it's not a nice place, however talking will help. It doesn't matter who you talk to as long as it's somebody. Your partner, your doctor or the Samaritans.

Golly Terri.

I'm glad that you've decided to take some positive action and I sincerely hope that you can soon see a way forward.

If helps at all... there are many people who have gone through very dark times and have done more than just survive and come out the other side - they've gone on to better things, and as they say, where there's life there's hope. So, here's hoping for survival, improvement and a better future :D

I went through a very bad time a few years ago and at the time I just couldn't see a way forward and I felt I couldn't talk to anyone but talking to people on a forum helped me so I hope that you've had a little comfort from the support shown from your pals here.

And... There's always surviving and thriving just to confound your enemies! So come on Terri, with help and support I hope that you can move forward to a happier place and prove that the little man and/or lady can beat life, the universe and everything! :D

Best Wishes.
:D

Terri

please let us know how you are ?

Have you seen the doctor yet ?

Sorry to have been naughty and not updating.. spoke to my partner and yep he was not happy I hadn't before.. been to the doc's and i think i am on the road back/ .. i needed to sound off.. nothing hurt more than your kids but i have found and made good friends on here all of you have helped..

To everyone. i am feeling better with the help ffrom the doc and friends

thank you all for everything

Nice one;)

Glad to hear you've taken steps Terri.
I hope things become smoother for you now.

Yeah!
Welcome back! :banana:

="gumbo-67, post: 6837109, member: 10769".. spoke to my partner and yep he was not happy I hadn't before..

I`m not surprised they were not. Glad you are sorted, but speak to those nearest first.

Glad you are ok and sorted.

Really glad things are looking up :)

Don't slip back now - we really mean that - all of us here are glad that you have now taken the hardest step - admitting that you needed help

That's good news, I have been following from this from the wings and I was getting a little worried.
Although ideally you should speak to those closest to you first, it can be difficult. Sometimes speaking to people totally independent of the situation and also somewhat anonymous can best easier and starts the ball rolling.

Terri,

Only just seen this, but glad that you are moving forward. These things are sent to test us and even the strongest characters get depressed at times....its human nature, but you made the right decision to call out. Whilst this forum can be quite aggressive at times it also has a softer caring side which you certainly brought out.

Don't ever fail to call out again if you feel as you did. I say that as depression is not necessarily a one off and may hit again in the future. Don't forget that those around you, especially your kids will always need you, even when they are grown up. So be there for them.

......and try using your photography skills as a means to express your feelings. It really helps. Even if it means taking blurry shots in the middle of the night. It is a diversion and a creativity that will give you something to focus on. Trust me on that...

Back