Good Luck For Guitarists

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just recently, I've never gigged without these three things, so they've kind of become good luck charms for me. Sad, I know! Still, I thought I'd try and take a high-key shot of them.

It was taken with a tripod-mounted flash unit, triggered by the D70's own flash and a sensor.

Comments and criticism welcome...

GuitaristsGoodLuck.jpg

I really like this Chris ... or is it that I just like your neckwear! ;)
The plectrum niggles me a bit, Im not the too hot when it comes to composition so I cant decide exactly where I think it should sit but, I cant help feeling it isnt quite in the right place.
Be an interesting lesson for me to see what the others think.

i think you have almost got it there Chris ! i think as Glo pointed out the plectrum could be a little out, maybe put it on or near another third ? say up a little and right a touch ;)

I tried a little with PS, but it maybe needs a little crop to the left or move everything to the left to centre the frame ! :)

Is a nice shot anyway and i may be talking out of me bottom lol

GuitaristsGoodLuck.jpg

I like it!
I do think the plectrum could stand to move a bit, but perhaps just vertically up some?

I don't have any lucky charms :/

Thanks for the comments. I have to hold my hands up and admit that I put the pick there deliberately - so that the horizontal of the crucifix points to the pick, which in turn points to the lace, leading the eye back down to the crucifix. And yes, Ian, I got it wrong! Thanks for the edit!

And for those that are interested, other than the obligatory sharpening, a very slight tweak in levels and a tiny bit of cloning (the white background was 4 sheets of A4, cobbled together!), there was no editing.

EXIF info: 1/250, f/22, 200 ISO, 18-70 AF-S @ 52mm

:ty:

Thanks Louise.

Right, I've just had another go... Better? Or not?

GuitaristsGoodLuck2.jpg

I like it :) Simple but effective. The pick (yes, my other half taught me well... I get told off for calling it a plectrum..lol) looks better positioned in your re-worked shot as it seems to have more relation to the other items.

No problems at all about the final composition..... it's the shadows that are perplexing me :shrug: they seem too weak, insipid even. Maybe in a high key shot they shouldn't be there at all :help:

Thanks!

Barry, I don't know if the shadows should be there or not. I washed them out a bit with a reflector cos it was difficult to tell the difference between laces and shadows without it.

Maybe eliminating the shadows altogether with a second flash unit would help... Does anyone have any opinions?

Back