Goodwood 78th Member's Meeting

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
With the 79th MM just around the corner, I realised i never posted a set on here from the last event.
Got to be one of the highlights of last year, and it's looking great for next weekend, which will be the first event of a good year of motorsport I hope.

1) Bruno Senna in an ex-Ayrton Mclaren MP4/6
Goodwood by Matty White, on Flickr

2) Gordon Murray designed Brabham BT44

3) Mercedes 300SL Gullwing

4) D Types in fading light - epitomises the Goodwood feeling to me

5) Cooper Norton getting a little loose in the damp

6) GT40's - always a treat to see

7) Apex

8) Jaguar Lister Knobbly

Thanks for looking

An excellent, iconic set.

That first one though, sent shivers down my spine, love it.

A great set of images. I particularly like #3 and #8 as they're a bit unusual. #1 gave me goose bumps :)

I love No. 8. Simply beautiful.

I like them all, even the arty farty stuff!

Marvellous! I didn't do 78MM justice last year.

Looking forward to next weekend though, I'm going both days (hopefully with my newly acquired D850) and you've inspired me!

A great set of images. I particularly like #3 and #8 as they're a bit unusual. #1 gave me goose bumps :)
Thank you , Yes, to witness that mclaren in the flesh was something quite special.

I love No. 8. Simply beautiful.
Cheers, they're beautiful cars to shoot from that era of sportscar racing, such clean lines and the light rolls off them so nicely

I like them all, even the arty farty stuff!
Blimey, not bad going if you even like the arty stuff :cool: - Thanks Mike, appreciate it

Marvellous! I didn't do 78MM justice last year.

Looking forward to next weekend though, I'm going both days (hopefully with my newly acquired D850) and you've inspired me!
Thanks, yes, it's gonna be a brilliant weekend. Hope that the weather is 'interesting' either way, and not just flat and grey. An array of 956s and 962 under a golden sunset sounds like a bit of alright doesn't it. I'll be rocking up with a new body as well, somewhat of a baptism of fire. Hope that you have a brilliant weekend, MM is always good fun isnt it!

Fantastic images, but the 1st and last ones are simply sublime. Doing my first MM next weekend, so hoping to get some as half as good as these.

As always absolutely top class work. Hard to pick a favourite, they all have something good about them.

It'll by my 3rd one, done several Revivals, prefer MM for the more intimate atmosphere.

It's got a great quality to it has the MM, it'll be my third visit too, though from an atmosphere perspective, I was amazed by my first trip to the Revival last year. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Fantastic images, but the 1st and last ones are simply sublime. Doing my first MM next weekend, so hoping to get some as half as good as these.

Thank you, get ready to see and hear a couple of pretty sexy F1 cars this weekend. Hope you have a brilliant weekend and enjoy your first trip for MM

As always absolutely top class work. Hard to pick a favourite, they all have something good about them.

Cheers Rich, feels like a lifetime ago now, definitely ready to get back to it. Hopefully bump into you at some point this year

Some fabulous racing today. Just not enough hours to do it justice. Glad I have a ticket for tomorrow.

Highlight - hearing a screaming sound - could only be a 2-stroker - saw the rump of a Saab 93B.... heaven!

...those who were there, did some celebrity spotting? Mine was Richard Hammond aka Hamster....taller than I thought

Last edited:
Great pictures at all - one better than the other - congrats to skills and 'eye for the right moment'!
(y)

Some fabulous racing today. Just not enough hours to do it justice. Glad I have a ticket for tomorrow.

Highlight - hearing a screaming sound - could only be a 2-stroker - saw the rump of a Saab 93B.... heaven!

...those who were there, did some celebrity spotting? Mine was Richard Hammond aka Hamster....taller than I thought
I saw a big crowd gathered around Rowan Atkinson as he was preparing to drive. Seeing top drivers like Jochen Mass & Emmanuel Pirro is always a highlight for me!

Fantastic set. Amazing to get such sharp images at 1/60 with them coming right at you. The even slower shutter speeds are excellent too

Thanks, definitely some of the luck vs judgement benign heavily tilted in favour of the luck side of the balance.

Awesome images....
Thank you, very much appreciated

Good set, particularly like #3, nicely done

Thank you, those very slow shutter speed shots are some of my favourite to execute

Great pictures at all - one better than the other - congrats to skills and 'eye for the right moment'!
(y)

Appreciate the kind words, always a pleasure to shoot these events

Nice set, very nice. nos 3 & 8... does the name Darren Heath mean anything to you, because that's the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw those shots! Very nice indeed. Please tell me the trails were captured in camera!

Nice set, very nice. nos 3 & 8... does the name Darren Heath mean anything to you, because that's the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw those shots! Very nice indeed. Please tell me the trails were captured in camera!
Thanks very much, yes, the trails are all done in camera, longish exposure with movement to create the blur. And yes, for sure, I'm a big fan of Darrens work. Got some nice words from him after he saw some of my Monaco Historic shots on Instagram. Thanks for the kind words dude.

Back