Goodwood Festival of Speed 2014

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Like the second picture, and the third one. Love the variety of cars they have there, something for everyone.

Watched this today on You Tube wishing I was there.

And Mr Hoy, well I watched one of his previous days runs and he nearly went of then so a bit more bravado led to the bent car.

Actually I was surprised at the number of cars that went off there as it's not like no one knows what's coming up.

I would have liked Loeb to have a go at the hill record but despite him being fastest on Saturday I don't see him taking 5 seconds off his time, but then he might surprise us!!

David

A few from Sunday.

Very Japanese....1974 Maki F101A
2R4C5164 by Whyone, on Flickr

JPS's
2R4C5160 by Whyone, on Flickr

Porsche 917/30 and (I think) Chichester cathedral
2R4C5096 by Whyone, on Flickr

one:1
2R4C5145 by Whyone, on Flickr

F1 has put on weight (and grown) - The Kimster chasing John Surtees
2R4C5179 by Whyone, on Flickr

2014 Le Mans Winner
2R4C5087 by Whyone, on Flickr

Endurance racer from a more interesting age
2R4C5091 by Whyone, on Flickr

80 years young
2R4C5184 by Whyone, on Flickr

You got the Chris Hoy shunt nicely.
The TV coverage didn't show the car afterwards, but I could see the windscreen was broken, so the damage must have been extensive.
That was a £125,000 Nismo special edition of the GTR - very embarrassing.

My son had a ride as a passenger in the other "Time Attack" GTR on Friday, which set FTD for the Supercar class on Saturday with Jann Mardenborough at the wheel.
View attachment 15021

The special "wallpaper" wrap is supposed to make it difficult to photograph, which may be true, since this was sharp, but the next shot fooled my AI Servo focus and is a little "off."

View attachment 15022

I think that Drifting is one of the most pointless forms of "motor sport" but I must say this guy put on an entertaining show.

View attachment 15023

View attachment 15024

Last edited:
Back