Goodwood FOS

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

It has been a while since I last posted, but as always, love to hear feedback on my photos. Here are a few from Goodwood this year:

7499551330_ce7c8134fb_b.jpg

7499551198_1685663258_b.jpg

3. The hillclimb winner
7499549780_d166403ce8_b.jpg

7499548820_195842f1c7_b.jpg

5. (This almost got binned, but I think the effect shows what it must be like to drive it in anger)
7499550542_21accf917e_b.jpg

Let me know your thoughts!

Tom

Last edited:
Very atmospheric editing. I especially like #1 and #4 for that reason. They almost look like period shots from when those cars were competing!

Very atmospheric editing. I especially like #1 and #4 for that reason. They almost look like period shots from when those cars were competing!

Thanks - that's what I was aiming for (y)

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but my personal view is

1) Vignetting spoils the shot
2)The angle is wrong and the smoke obscures to much of the car
3) I like the panning of the car but it does not really work for me with the blurred spectators in the shot
4) Not sure of the angle with that branch obscuring part of the car
5) Its a blurred shot i don't understand what you were trying to achieve in this image

That Mini shots a cracker

Thank you very much!

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but my personal view is

1) Vignetting spoils the shot
2)The angle is wrong and the smoke obscures to much of the car
3) I like the panning of the car but it does not really work for me with the blurred spectators in the shot
4) Not sure of the angle with that branch obscuring part of the car
5) Its a blurred shot i don't understand what you were trying to achieve in this image

Not at all - I asked for critique! I appreciate the feedback. I spent a lot of time trying to get shots from angles that I don't already have so for 2 and 3, I was hampered by the posts in front of me in the stands. The same for 4; I took this from the new bridge over the rally stage this year and this was the only angle where I could shoot outside of the fence. I wasn't too sure about the branch, but I like it ;) Number 5 was a bit of fun really - the shutter speed was FAR too slow, but it looked kind of interesting to me - I certainly don't think it's the strongest though! Completely respect your opinions though - thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Tom

Back