Google+ Users (not for asking for invites)

Name
Amir
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

There is a thread about google+ already and people are asking for invites in it. I was wondering if it is worth having a thread for people using it to share their email addresses? That way we can all create a photography circle... What do you think?

If so add me - amir dot a dot khan at gmail dot com

Can we restrict this thread to people sharing their addresses? Invite requests can go in the other thread.

Dini25 [@] gmail.com (without the square brackets and spaces )

just read this on redbubble thought id share it with you

this refers to the new google +

“By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.”

“You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.”

“You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.”

worth bearing in mind before you put any pics in Picasa or google plus

just read this on redbubble thought id share it with you

this refers to the new google +

“By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.”

“You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.”

“You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.”

worth bearing in mind before you put any pics in Picasa or google plus

That's been in the T&C since picassa. One reason, it basically has to cover itself so it can display your content on google image search. I read it as a load of jargon covering every little loophole so they don't get sued. I might be wrong though..:shrug:

this is the bit that worrys me

By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services

secret is watermark your work

this is the bit that worrys me

By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services

secret is watermark your work

"By putting your content on this website, you let google display your content" - remember "reproduce" could simply be copying it from one server to another, "adapt and modify" resizing, "publish" publishing on google image, "publicly display" the web is public.

Just putting an idea out there ;)

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to be easy to add people to circles when all they give is an email address. If I enter the address into "Find people" at the top of the page it can't find them. If I enter it into "Add a new person" in the circle itself, it wants me to add them "by email"; in other words, it will update them by email with anything I post rather than on their Stream.

If I'm right about this, it would make more sense to post the URL to your profile in this thread. I'd add you, Ian, but I ran into the above problems.

I am waiting on an invite but nothing. also tried to join but to no avail.....80(

Back