Got my Cuckoo at last!

Lucky you , I have one very close to me, must spend some time to seek it out as it calls the same time every night......sorry forgot to add a good set BTW

That's a great sequence. I've seen plenty of cuckoos but never when I've had a camera at the ready. Then there was the time a few years ago when I spent 2 weeks in a caravan with one cuckooing in the woods behind the van all day and all night. By the end of the first week it wasn't a camera I wanted to shoot it with, but I never saw it at all.

Number 3 is a staggeringly good shot....We have one here a female usualy travelling at the speed of light! and a male not too far off. Meadow Pipits beware..:(

No 3 is a fantastic action shot of bird behaviour and really love the way the tail feathers are spread out. Your timing really was spot-on for this one!

Thanks folks, would have been great if she had been closer, but you take what you are given :)

Nice shots of a cracking bird.
I've seen more cuckoo this year than ever before so that must be a good sign

Hi gramps .... we have had one close by for about a month now...... my next door neighbour has perfected his "cuckoo call" - (I've tried but I'm useless), we get it to come and investigate but all we have seen is a flash across the sky in front of us ....... we cannot figure out were it perches as when we get anywhere near it just keeps quiet

Back