GPS tagging - easy app for iphone ever tried it ?

Name
thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
ive found a few gps tagging apps on the iphone and think they may be useful geotag for example, seems they 'record' the trip via gps then you up load this at the same time as importing your pictures and bingo all the gps data is recorded - to good to be true for £2.50 ??? or a bargain ?

Perfect one to try :) I take it it needs no data - so I can use it without a cost?

correct, i used it in Paris without problem. drains your battery though, so unless you know you can charge up at the end of the day, don't use it.

well, won't really last a full day. so turn it off in a building and/or at a single location. great for street photography, i walked around Sacre-Coeur and the back streets, very accurately tagged all the photos.

this applies to all GPS tagging apps, i personally don't see the reason to pay for one when GPX Master does exactly the same things for free.

I'm interested in this, but don't understand the principal of how to yah photos using gpx master and something like Flickr, is it easy enough, and is it fairly automated or labour intensive?

maybe wifi tether? cant udnerstand how such a app will be useful for us. what will be more useful is if our camera;s had gps tag built in

jonneymendoza said:
what will be more useful is if our camera;s had gps tag built in

But then the camera companies couldn't charge stupid amounts of money for a GPS add on!

Seriously though I personally think its daft that newer bodies don't come with this tech built in. I think once one of the major manufacturers puts it into a camera most others will follow suit though.

Hi Used GeoTag on Android cheap to buy records the trip gps must be on then you upload the route tags to a website load your images on the PC then you go to the geotag browser and point it where you put the images it writes the data update.

If you use LR you need to add the tags before you import into LR otherwise it does not show in the map section.

It does show location on Flickr and pbase example
http://www.pbase.com/border_all/image/145229827 see just below the picture name and it takes you to the location i think its ok cheap and works.

Tip if you get it remember to set the camera time same as your phone.

Allan

I've been looking for something like this for a while. Looks pretty easy to do. I'm sure it'll come in handy for my up coming NYC trip.

I use Trails GPS Tracker (from App Store) on my iPhone 4. I've found it to be excellent at recording GPS tracks which can then be e-mailed direct from the App as an attached *.gpx file to your Mac/PC and then uploaded to LightRoom, Aperture etc. for Geotagging use.

Many portable car Satnavs (I use a Garmin 3790LMT) will also record tracks as GPX files which can be imported for use with LightRoom, Aperture etc.

Last edited:
Back