Grasstrack, Collier Street

Edit My Images
Yes
Took these a good few weeks ago now but thought id post a couple to see what yer thinks

DSC03755.jpg

DSC03798.jpg

DSC03782.jpg

comments and suggestions welcome :)

For shot impact,I'd go with the second
...liking the spectator interaction in the third though (y)

Collier Street? Right on my doorstep!

I like the light in these but the focus is a little off - seems the background is more in focus than the riders.

Collier Street? Right on my doorstep!

I like the light in these but the focus is a little off - seems the background is more in focus than the riders.

any tips for improving my technique there? still a newbie in a way and willing to learn :)

Not too familiar with Sony, but bascially if you can select the centre focus point only (I don't think the Sony's have fast non-centre focus points, but I could be wrong), stick it into continuous focus mode (no idea what Sony call that) and track your subjects in whilst half pressing the shutter release, pushing it all the way down when you want to take the shot.

It looks to me like you've used an area focus mode and its picked up the static things and not the bikes.

Not too familiar with Sony, but bascially if you can select the centre focus point only (I don't think the Sony's have fast non-centre focus points, but I could be wrong), stick it into continuous focus mode (no idea what Sony call that) and track your subjects in whilst half pressing the shutter release, pushing it all the way down when you want to take the shot.

It looks to me like you've used an area focus mode and its picked up the static things and not the bikes.

cheers for that, will try that out when im next out with the camera :cool:

what Sony do you use?
i took these 3½ years ago at the Lincs Poacher with my old A100 and a 70-300 lens.
not the sharpest but the exposure and speeds are a little different and this was in sport mode.
i found the Sony works very well like that and is very balanced .. i just make sure i have centre spot focusing on all the time, and sport mode defaults to AF-C (continuous focus) .

other makes of camera may not work quite so well in that mode, but Sony manages very well.

Back